Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice, I like them with the stock look personally. You can see mine here: www.instagram.com/kawasakininjazx12r
You have a VERY nice low mileage bike. Mine was actually the same persimmon red before as well. The fairings were showing their age, so I decided to paint the wheels and change colors. Very rare to see our bikes with such low mileage these days. I'll be over 36k soon.

·
Registered
72 Posts
That Kaw green is fantastic looking, man! Part of me wishes my persimmon red bike looked more like the Hulk (acted like the Hulk for sure once I finished the below project).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice rides gents!

Thank you for the compliments. I work hard to keep it that way.

71RCode, I want that Muzzy Canister. Want An Akrapovic? haha.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Kaw green is fantastic looking, man! Part of me wishes my persimmon red bike looked more like the Hulk (acted like the Hulk for sure once I finished the below project). View attachment 16447
Believe it or not, those are chinese fairings on my bike. They're actually better quality than most of the chinese ones as well. I think I paid around $500 on amazon. As long as you put some heat shield type material on them, they'll be fine. Highly recommend switching from red to green!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Color me, digging the blue 12!

Krivs, Great to know. I've had poor luck with Chinese fairings in the past. Please send a link to the amazon seller if you dont mind... but I've got red rims...need to think thru that.

JPowell, I found this on offerup... Muzzy can. Check out this Muzzy Ultra light titanium... Exhaust....... for $200 on OfferUp

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Color me, digging the blue 12!

Krivs, Great to know. I've had poor luck with Chinese fairings in the past. Please send a link to the amazon seller if you dont mind... but I've got red rims...need to think thru that.

JPowell, I found this on offerup... Muzzy can. Check out this Muzzy Ultra light titanium... Exhaust....... for $200 on OfferUp

View attachment 16452

71 here's the kit I got. You can see it costs more than most of the other kits. I waited until my bike needed tires to change over. I had the old tires taken off then I sanded and painted them myself. Was pretty easy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello I am new to this forum and new to the is ZX12 .
here is my 1st one I purchased a little over a week ago put an Akrapovic Full exhaust air filter.
It has braided lines had the gears done has a GoP ett o gear indicator aftermarket Front tinted screen some other fun things.
Was looking ag bikes GSXR. CBR lots of bikes and ran into this BEAUTIFUL BLACK BEAST!
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MOTORCYCLE!
Learning all I can about it open To suggestions and Knowledge.
Roger Happy New owner

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Welcome Roger,

I saw your like on my IG page today. Thank you for the comments, much appreciated. Beautiful 12r you have there, congrats and welcome to the family.

The number one thing I would tell any new 12 owner is the oil change caveat. Drain the oil and while draining remove the filter. Fill new filter with oil while you wait. After oil has drained out, put plug in and install oil filter, after you clean the oil off the bike of course haha. After filter install, put 3 or so quarts in it and start. OIL WARNING LIGHT on tach, should go off within 2 seconds max. If it does not, shut off immediately. Loosen oil filter until you have a slight gap of daylight. Start bike and light should again go off within a second or two. Once it does, clean spilled oil and tighten filter.

They have a nasty air lock in the oil cavity of you let the oil sit and drain for hours or overnight.

Oil level should be mid way in sight glass while bike is upright, not on kickstand.

Any help needed, send me an IG message or drop me an email on the IG address.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome Roger,

I saw your like on my IG page today. Thank you for the comments, much appreciated. Beautiful 12r you have there, congrats and welcome to the family.

The number one thing I would tell any new 12 owner is the oil change caveat. Drain the oil and while draining remove the filter. Fill new filter with oil while you wait. After oil has drained out, put plug in and install oil filter, after you clean the oil off the bike of course haha. After filter install, put 3 or so quarts in it and start. OIL WARNING LIGHT on tach, should go off within 2 seconds max. If it does not, shut off immediately. Loosen oil filter until you have a slight gap of daylight. Start bike and light should again go off within a second or two. Once it does, clean spilled oil and tighten filter.

They have a nasty air lock in the oil cavity of you let the oil sit and drain for hours or overnight.

Oil level should be mid way in sight glass while bike is upright, not on kickstand.

Any help needed, send me an IG message or drop me an email on the IG address.
THANK YOU SO MUCH I WILL DO THAT TODAY.

·
Registered
7 Posts
  • Here's my rides. Golden (colour Tangerine Scream) is same bike in second photo after stolen and recovery now sprayed black over white over paint. Needs a lot of work. Green bike I just bought, isn't as tuned but has low kms and I like her too.
  • Winter almost here in Australia. Chatted to uncle about piping a t3/t4 turbo yet don't care too much if one of the bikes goes that way. Loads of small jobs on black bike to do. Suggestion was simply to take time, source needed parts, repaint, bigger injectors and a piggyback tunable computer and then when on road simply pipe a turbo and retune. I've no idea, I asked surely you can just measure, manifold and pipe oil into that yet apparently it's not that simple. Simply bars and indicators are budget on green bike road worthy and comfort ride preparation.
  • I don't ride much, I like bikes, I'm usually on a bicycle due to petrol costs but I made a new friend a few weeks ago and he also rides a 12. Looking forward to a few twisted summers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts