Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spring is near and I know you guys are out there just waiting to show off your 11's!!! We all want to see them here!!! Here's my baby with an 1109 kit and soon to be installed Black Widow full system and a few other tweeks. The color is a Chrysler Inferno Red.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
image.jpeg

Sold it to get my 12, my 99 ZX11 was probably my favorite bike I've owned overall. What a great machine I miss the shit out of it. Would love to have her back...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
View attachment 2719

Sold it to get my 12, my 99 ZX11 was probably my favorite bike I've owned overall. What a great machine I miss the shit out of it. Would love to have her back...

I know what you mean now, I've had a 12R and an 14 and now love riding the 11!!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
you jersey guys ever come to bear mountain ? and zx996 the parts bike come from a guy in ny ?
I ride up through Harriman into Bear Mtn every wknd during the season. My avatar was taken half way down the Bear Mtn lookout road. Love that place!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nice! what color is that?
Was a custom color painted by previous owner. Looked very similar to the stock Kawi color. Was hard to tell unless it was side by side. I miss that 11 a lot!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Was a custom color painted by previous owner. Looked very similar to the stock Kawi color. Was hard to tell unless it was side by side. I miss that 11 a lot!
I bet you do, I sold my 12 & 14 and now I'm riding an 11 and love it!! I bought mine in mint condition with an 1109 kit in it for $2000. And it's $300 a year cheaper on Ins. than the 14. That's a cool color that he painted it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I bet you do, I sold my 12 & 14 and now I'm riding an 11 and love it!! I bought mine in mint condition with an 1109 kit in it for $2000. And it's $300 a year cheaper on Ins. than the 14. That's a cool color that he painted it.
Thanks, looked real sharp in sunlight. Had a lot of purple flake in it.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
lush zzr ! !surely you do not really prefer a zzr11 over a zx12r ?? where`s the pipe on the zzr ? like to see more pictures if thats poss ?
No I wouldn't trade my 12R for an 11, but I do wish I still had that 11! I put a ton of miles on her, never gave me so much as 1 problem, was all day comfy, and I love the way they look. If I could have both I'd be happy! I'll try an post a few more pics. Btw I put on a single sided pipe on the 11. Was supposed to give more power but I didn't feel any difference...

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lush zzr ! !surely you do not really prefer a zzr11 over a zx12r ?? where`s the pipe on the zzr ? like to see more pictures if thats poss ?
To be honest, there are some aspects of the 11 that I did prefer over my 12. Power isn't
everything all the time. My zx14 I thought was more of the balance of the 2 bikes.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
All this looking at the 11 is making me nostalgic!

I had a second hand '93 model 11 (D1?) before getting a 12, like 2wheelObsessed I wish I still had it as well as the 12. Had great fuel mileage, comfy 2 up and decent power. No pics sorry.

My wife was only just recently saying she'd like to go on the back of the bike again, but I have set the 12 up for solo riding now, and she doesn't ride a bike herself anymore due to a bad car prang few years ago. The 11 would be ideal for a comfortable pillion ride.

Don.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Power was my problem. I jetted it, full exhaust ignition advancer all the usual stuff. 11s aren't slow by any means I just can't ever have enough power. For a great balanced do all bike an 11 is hard to beat. Honestly if I still had it would I ever take it outta the garage over the 12... Tough call, but out of all the bikes I've owned and wish I never sold that 99 11 is at top of the list!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts