Kawasaki World banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
2wheel hit me up some time when you plan to come to bear mountain. i live about a mile from it and i am out every sunday riding
Will do. Still have some work to do on it (crashed end of last year) but she's almost there. Will be good by spring time. I'm up there every wknd I'm sure we've past each other. I usually hit up Arden Valley rd real early morning than go have breakfast on top of the Mtn. Will have to meet up for sure... I'm in Jersey but only a 20min ride to Bear Mtn. I'm at the top of rt17 just below Mahwah.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Honestly if I still had it would I ever take it outta the garage over the 12... Tough call, but out of all the bikes I've owned and wish I never sold that 99 11 is at top of the list!
If I had one it would be used for to and from work duties and 2 up riding, as such would probably get a fair amount of use. Then the 12 would be for solo fanging and the occasional track days!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
All this looking at the 11 is making me nostalgic!

I had a second hand '93 model 11 (D1?) before getting a 12, like 2wheelObsessed I wish I still had it as well as the 12. Had great fuel mileage, comfy 2 up and decent power. No pics sorry.

My wife was only just recently saying she'd like to go on the back of the bike again, but I have set the 12 up for solo riding now, and she doesn't ride a bike herself anymore due to a bad car prang few years ago. The 11 would be ideal for a comfortable pillion ride.

Don.
So Duck, why don't you pick another one up? there still some really good one's out there for a great price. Wifey Kudos!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
91 zx1100

Just purchased this 91 ZX11 and it's the first one I've owned. I'm planning to rebuild the engine and make some mods so all suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Just purchased this 91 ZX11 and it's the first one I've owned. I'm planning to rebuild the engine and make some mods so all suggestions are appreciated.
That's one sweet lookin 11 you found there, very nice... It's all stock as it sits?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Wow that bike looks nice!!! For the motor I would definitely recommend the oil pan mod for the #3 rod issues. And if you have some extra cash laying around I would go for the wiseco 1109 kit, and a nice full system on her. It wakes her up bigtime. I just finished off my 1109 with some Cam's and head work with mine and the Busa's are having a hard time shaking me off now!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I just got me a zx/zzr 1109
95 black.
Lots of goodies :) 16,000 miles.
Oh..... Did I mention... Mr turbo kit? :)
custom wheels, wavy discs .... cant wait to ride it!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I just got me a zx/zzr 1109
95 black.
Lots of goodies :) 16,000 miles.
Oh..... Did I mention... Mr turbo kit? :)
custom wheels, wavy discs .... cant wait to ride it!
Congrats... pics?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here it is , on my trailer :)
Lower fairing is in my van ...

Its got custom rims, custom swing arm, wavy discs, turbo with fi kit, motor has 1109 turbo pistons, carrillo rods, orient express lockup and basket.Oversize valves, titanium retainers, ported head...ohlins shock and just 16k !
Will make an awesome sleeper street bike :) plus ive got lowering links and clipons to compliment the slightly longer arm for some strip fun :)

Some work to do but its gonna be an awesome bike for next summer!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Damn that's one sweet 11... Nice list of goodies, she sounds like she'll be a lot of fun! Good score

·
Registered
314 Posts
Damn that's one sweet 11... Nice list of goodies, she sounds like she'll be a lot of fun! Good score
The 11 is slowly progressing :)
I've cut the fairings to accommodate the turbo.
Currently I've lowered it and added sprint gearing for a few drag passes , but the intention is this is a street bike so I don't intend going too far with this bike.
I've added a quick shifter and plan on adding a 2 step and boost controller but nothing complex just to help getting away smoothly .
I got everything working this weekend including takingit off the trailer first time and finally bleeding the recon 6 pots and clutch.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
My baby. I reckon one of only very few sporting ZX-11 decals in OZ. I don't know how it came to be that it's not sporting a ZZR1100 motif. Either a full U.S import or just the plastics.

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Looks nice Duck, That's going in my ZX-11 picture scrap book!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up my 1st kawasaki the 1 of the month. Needs carbs cleaned and a new fan blade because old one is melted. But it looks good on the outside. 1997 zx11 with 6 inch stretch which the owner had installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,727 Posts
Just picked up my 1st kawasaki the 1 of the month. Needs carbs cleaned and a new fan blade because old one is melted. But it looks good on the outside. 1997 zx11 with 6 inch stretch which the owner had installed.
Your 11 is begging for a call to Terry Kizer @ Mr. Turbo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 54 Posts