Kawasaki World banner

Lets see your 11's

13K views 53 replies 13 participants last post by  Cisco Kidd 
#1 · (Edited)
Spring is near and I know you guys are out there just waiting to show off your 11's!!! We all want to see them here!!! Here's my baby with an 1109 kit and soon to be installed Black Widow full system and a few other tweeks. The color is a Chrysler Inferno Red.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Sold it to get my 12, my 99 ZX11 was probably my favorite bike I've owned overall. What a great machine I miss the shit out of it. Would love to have her back...

#7 ·
View attachment 2719

Sold it to get my 12, my 99 ZX11 was probably my favorite bike I've owned overall. What a great machine I miss the shit out of it. Would love to have her back...

I know what you mean now, I've had a 12R and an 14 and now love riding the 11!!

#19 ·
All this looking at the 11 is making me nostalgic!

I had a second hand '93 model 11 (D1?) before getting a 12, like 2wheelObsessed I wish I still had it as well as the 12. Had great fuel mileage, comfy 2 up and decent power. No pics sorry.

My wife was only just recently saying she'd like to go on the back of the bike again, but I have set the 12 up for solo riding now, and she doesn't ride a bike herself anymore due to a bad car prang few years ago. The 11 would be ideal for a comfortable pillion ride.

Don.

#20 ·
Power was my problem. I jetted it, full exhaust ignition advancer all the usual stuff. 11s aren't slow by any means I just can't ever have enough power. For a great balanced do all bike an 11 is hard to beat. Honestly if I still had it would I ever take it outta the garage over the 12... Tough call, but out of all the bikes I've owned and wish I never sold that 99 11 is at top of the list!

#23 ·
Honestly if I still had it would I ever take it outta the garage over the 12... Tough call, but out of all the bikes I've owned and wish I never sold that 99 11 is at top of the list!
If I had one it would be used for to and from work duties and 2 up riding, as such would probably get a fair amount of use. Then the 12 would be for solo fanging and the occasional track days!

#22 ·
Will do. Still have some work to do on it (crashed end of last year) but she's almost there. Will be good by spring time. I'm up there every wknd I'm sure we've past each other. I usually hit up Arden Valley rd real early morning than go have breakfast on top of the Mtn. Will have to meet up for sure... I'm in Jersey but only a 20min ride to Bear Mtn. I'm at the top of rt17 just below Mahwah.

#26 ·
Just purchased this 91 ZX11 and it's the first one I've owned. I'm planning to rebuild the engine and make some mods so all suggestions are appreciated.
That's one sweet lookin 11 you found there, very nice... It's all stock as it sits?

#32 ·
Here it is , on my trailer :)
Lower fairing is in my van ...

Its got custom rims, custom swing arm, wavy discs, turbo with fi kit, motor has 1109 turbo pistons, carrillo rods, orient express lockup and basket.Oversize valves, titanium retainers, ported head...ohlins shock and just 16k !
Will make an awesome sleeper street bike :) plus ive got lowering links and clipons to compliment the slightly longer arm for some strip fun :)

Some work to do but its gonna be an awesome bike for next summer!

Attachments

#34 ·
The 11 is slowly progressing :)
I've cut the fairings to accommodate the turbo.
Currently I've lowered it and added sprint gearing for a few drag passes , but the intention is this is a street bike so I don't intend going too far with this bike.
I've added a quick shifter and plan on adding a 2 step and boost controller but nothing complex just to help getting away smoothly .
I got everything working this weekend including takingit off the trailer first time and finally bleeding the recon 6 pots and clutch.

Attachments

#42 ·
Updated my 11 back to a street bike.
Raised it back up, put normal gears on but left on the quick shifter.
Wow! This 1100 is amazing!
Yes get the Mr turbo kit. Pulls like crazy on 15 psi
It didn't launch great off the line at the drag strip with turbo lag or stood upright spooled up , but on the open road this is much stronger than either of my 12s!
Handles great with Onlins and the brakes stop so well! .
My quick ride up the road yesterday turned into a 100 mile round trip! :)

Attachments

#47 ·
My 96D w 34Km on it with a Navigator rear tail bag on it for a trip this past summer, currently it is going through a nice redo, removed factory exhaust, installed a ZZR1200 header that has been ceramic coated and is mated to set of new Delkevic 14" oval slip ons, ABM riser bar kit, Stainless braided F&R lines, new Roadsmart II's, new Supersporx rear sprocket and front cushioned sprocket w new chain, FP jet Kit, BMC air filter, calipers rebuilt w fresh EBC HH front pads and Galfer rear pads, Corbin seat, new oem water pump, AS3 silicone rad hoses, HID kit, wheel bearings , new plugs & fuel filter and upper cowl at shop being painted to perfectly match the lowers that where done this past summer. I have a 2000 ZX-9R that is minty but since buying a new 2020 H2 SX SE one of the 3 has to go, I am leaning to keeping the ZX11 as it is perfect to take the wife for rides with Corbin gunfighter lady and the bike qualifies for collector plates here in BC Canada Dec this year meaning cheap insurance. Once completed off to Dyno to be dialed in. I will however advertise in spring with all factory parts and exhaust, if someone pays what I need she will be sold w ZX-9R to eliminate the SX SE loan

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.