Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Today i had some bad news. My license has been revoked for friggin 20 months for drunk driving, that occured some day in the past, about 3months ago. And today they have finally had it revoked.

Therefore i have a question to you, dear off-roaders.
I'm selling my sportbike and buying a motard.
What do you guys suggest to be the most durable and unchaseable motard at the price of 7-8k $? For the means of daily transpotation! I can't walk for 20months!

BTW, in my city the cops do not use police bikes for chases. That makes it easier. But they do catch riders on foot in traffic jams

I understand that this is illegal and responsibly don't give a rat's ass about it.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Does your state have a Cinderella licence, you know one where you can drive only to & from work?
Did you consult a lawyer about work driving? 20 months is a long time to evade the police no matter how good you ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does your state have a Cinderella licence, you know one where you can drive only to & from work?
Did you consult a lawyer about work driving? 20 months is a long time to evade the police no matter how good you ride.
Ha ha, i wish we had that!.. No, never heard about it :)
I've been evading for 5 years, btw :))
Busted once in 5 years :) (in a traffic jam, on a sportbike)

Guess, that result is not bad :)

Here, in Russia, we don't have really skilled cops. Not everywhere, i mean. Just in large cities like Moscow and St-Petersburg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess a license revocation is a lot better than terminal road rash. Of course, I've heard that in Russia you can get tossed into prison for seemingly minor offences, and spend a lifetime there.
That's bullshit :)
It used to be like that. But today, the law is not that strict. E.g. thing which you call "reckless driving" in our country is only punished by ridiculous fines (not more than 200 $) As soon as you don't injure anyone. If someone dies in a traffic accident you cause, you can be charged 1 year or more.

Just it's not that easy to survive in Russian prison. The difference for European and american is like cheese and chalk.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder Poodle44, do the Moscow cops still drive imported Ford Crown Victoria police cars?
Crown Victoria, ha-ha!! Hell, no. They have really nice cars, such as VW Passat 3L and Ford Mondeo. Just in Moscow they don't chase motorcyclists by cars as it is inconvenient and dangerous. There is "Motobat" (Police Motorcycle squad) - they use BMW GS650 and the very best riding techniques, so it's nearly impossible to evade them.

In my city, when you don't pull over, the cops usually do nothing. Rarely they can chase you with 1-2 police cars (if you REALLY piss them off), or they can stop any traffic on a narrow street you heading to, to cause a really tight traffic jam and catch you in it. Bastards!
Also it's possible to get caught by the shop\bar\club - when you get on and off the bike. So our illegit riders (40 to 50% of them) prefer to hide their bikes in a backyard when going to some place.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys look at this :) Another possibility to continue driving and pissing off the cops.

Our traffic law still allows to drive mopeds w\o the license. So one can buy a pit bike (no cop on Earth can distinguish between 50cc and even 160cc! At least,not in our country.) and put a 49cc engraving on its cylinder:) Nice and smooth, as soon as i have an access to a 3-axis engraving machine.

What do you think about this one:

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol u fekin loony...
i have seen vids from russia..you lot are one crazy bastard nation for sure
Well, at least, everyone has an opportunity to set up his own justice. Can u imagine that in US or Europe? :)))

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys! sorry for not posting, i finally got myself a motard :))
a street legal CRF450R.
This thing is badass!!!
I now don't even care about the license :))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts