Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
That would be real hard to spot!! I would like to know how much money is in that. The idiot from Motorcyclist couldn't even make a full pass on the bike. It's an interesting bike though.

·
Registered
619 Posts
NIGEL IS THE FUCKING MAN....I PAY MY RESPECTS AT EVERY DAYTONA BIKE WEEK,WHERE HE HIS TRAILER PARKED. CW

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
CW98CI said:
NIGEL IS THE FUCKING MAN....I PAY MY RESPECTS AT EVERY DAYTONA BIKE WEEK,WHERE HE HIS TRAILER PARKED. CW
How do you really feel?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
BAMmono12r said:
wonder what the mighty ZX12R would do with that much money dumped into it... :lol:
QUOTE:"The class requires engines must be normally aspirated - no turbos, superchargers or nitrous – and must displace no more than 1800cc. And the Vee angle of the Twins must be less than 90 degrees, so you'll have to leave your Ducati at home. The cylinder bore may be increased over stock, but it can't be stroked. All bikes must use stock head castings, cylinder castings and crankcases."

So other than boring bigger... what else could you do to the 12R to compete in that class?? Besides adding a big fellow to meet the weight requirements!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hey Voz!

I was thinking after you finish smoking the patrick drag bike we could call up bostrom and edwards and you could kick their ass too..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
OutsiderZX12R said:
If I had to buy a NEW cruiser, it would be a VMax. Used cruiser, I would look for a nice V65 Magna.
My friend has a V-Max and I get to ride it often... (because he cries like a baby if I don't let him ride the 12 :lol: ) IMHO... I really don't consider the V-Max a real cruiser. To me, the V-Max doesn't know what it wants to be! It has a lot of power, get-up and go... BUT once you have a 12R... everything else is just plain slow! It's not really 'big' and massive enuff to feel like a cruiser... But once you have a Roadstar... everything else is just plain small! I love my 12 & my Roadie.

Don't get me wrong, I like the V-Max. That 'boost' is a trip. As far as the V65 Magna... I have NO comment. :wink:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I saw them test it on Motorcyclist TV, the dumb ass who road it
forgot how to shift gears. They told him exactly how and when to shift,
it was air shifted, but I guess he insisted on conventional shifting methods with his foot, it did not work :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
What an idiot. Maybe he thought he could better their times shifting conventionally. :roll: On the subject of the VMax, I am not a big fan of them. They are fun to ride. If Yamaha had kept updating the bike over the years, I would probably own one right now. Do you have some stories to tell about the V65 Magna NameChanger??? :D Yes the 12's power makes all other bikes seem..... SLOW and UNDERPOWERED! :lol:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Outsider,

I bought a new V65 in 83'. Never got it home from the dealer. I got T-boned by a little old lady in a Towncar. Phucked me up big time.... the V65 looked like it was hit by a train!! :cry: One week later to the day, I had a good friend get the same treatment on his V65, but he wasn't as lucky as I.

From that day on... I won't even get near a V65. Call me crazy, but I think that bike is just plain EVIL! I walked up to one last year at a local bike event and my knee went out!!! I fell on the freakin' ground. :shock: I heard that they had one hangin' in the 'Jap Tree' at the Last Resort in Daytona and some schmuck was standing under it and the it 'broke' loose and caved his head in! (can't prove that but I believe it)

That's about all I know about the V65.... I don't want to know anymore thank you. :D :D :D

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
I can't say I blame ya NameChanger. I currently own an 85 V65 Sabre. It has been a good ride. Awesome highway cruiser; big, fast, comfortable, awesome wind protection with Hondaline Fairing, etc. My friend had a V65 Magna. It has pitched quite a few people off of it in its career. I think the bike has a mind of its own! :shock:

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
I forgot to mention 40 miles per gallon averaging well over 100 mph on the highway. I wish some of that would rub off on the 12R. It sets right beside it every night. You would think it would. :roll:

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I have a basketcase '85 V65 Sabre in my garage that may see some attention this winter. Who knows...

That Yamaha sounds like a hoot. Two bad they make them weigh as much as a Hardley. It'd be a riot lightened up.

(I owe my new sig to the article.)

Handling? Bullets don't go around corners.

tslewisz

1 - 20 of 37 Posts