Kawasaki World banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, from very beginning, actually from first day I own my 12 I have issue that want to solve but never had time.
Now is the day :) Gear shaft is loose, there is a small movement of the shaft. Its really annoying when You not using the clutch while upshift.
Is this common issue? What could be the cause?

best regards
Tom

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
On two of my 12s this shaft has no play, side to side,
or in or out. On my 1287 the shaft does move in and out a little. Another words...I can push it towards the clutch and pull it away from the clutch a little.

cmg

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know what could be a cause that my shaft moves frowar and backward. That little play kills precision of gear change. Was thinking about buying factory pro gear star kit but do not want to spend money before knowing the issue.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The shaft on my B4 will move in and out slightly.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
You could add a light compression spring behind the gear selector over the shaft with a suitable washer not to damage the seal this would provide an outwards pressure to reduce the feeling ?....not a strong spring lol.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You could add a light compression spring behind the gear selector over the shaft with a suitable washer not to damage the seal this would provide an outwards pressure to reduce the feeling ?....not a strong spring lol.
Thats a good idea, will try to sort it out. However would love to know why its moving.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
the in and out of the shaft is determined by the clutch cover. theres a cast in post that holds it in. you need a few thou of clearance here, but if its excessively sloppy, you could always do something to tighten up that gap.
front to back will just be worn cases/shaft

Reactions: tomonever

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the in and out of the shaft is determined by the clutch cover. theres a cast in post that holds it in. you need a few thou of clearance here, but if its excessively sloppy, you could always do something to tighten up that gap.
front to back will just be worn cases/shaft
Thx Scott, will try to look inside the cover if time permits

1 - 13 of 13 Posts