Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One dealer in Mesa AZ who doesn't have any ZX-12rs in stock, claims that he has several '03s on the way, and they should be here next week (or so). Another big dealer in Phoenix who has a left-over 2000, a 2001, and two 2002s says that the '03s won't be available until Feb or March of 2003. Better hurry up and buy one now, never know when we'll be sold out and you'll be sorry...
Oh Puh-leeeze!
Both extremes sound full of it to me. I've never dealt with the Big Green Corporate Machine, what do you more experienced Kawi guys think?
Unfortunately, the Mesa dealer also sounds full of it, because he swears that there is an all black paint scheme for 2003, but the brochure doesn't mention the dark red. I obviously haven't seen the brochure yet, but been following the postings here pretty closely.

·
4,208 Posts
actually

Actually the new models typically come out sometime in Oct. I got a great deal on my 01 last year because teh 02's had just come out and it deemed mine a Left over........Be patient and wait and if ya can live with a Left over then it is in your best interest and pocket......use the extra change and spend it on customizing ......Not that I would know anything about that ....LOL ....Brian

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Advice, Thanks.

Speaking of customizing, what do you think it would cost to paint a perfectly good new bike some candy-apple color? I've always heard that the body work and prep are the most expensive parts of a good paint job. It should be easy to paint a new red bike some custome color like Tropical Turquoise (to match my '65 Mustang GT convertible.) Would that not look awesome in the ol' garage!!??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, yes and no...
The dealer had a green one, a red one, and the Pearl Mystic Black. He asked if I was interested in the '00 or the '01, and pointed to the non-black bikes, but I wasn't interested, and didn't ask which one was which. If you're interested, the dealership is "Metro Kawasaki" 602-843-5000.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Sims, FYI. I got a full very high quality paint job a few yrs back on my ZX11 for around $650. Way better than stock, and very beautiful, all thanks to a buddy who knocked it over!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
just thought I would mention my dealer said end of this week also for them to be in so pretty soon I will know if my dealer is lying.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Dealer

Sims,I know the dealer your talking about you can get a good deal there but you gotta work for it.I have 2 buddies that bought their 2002 12`s there.$10800 otd, since our sales tax is like 8percent and license is $240 out here I belive that was a pretty good price.STAY AWAY FROM METRO,THEY ARE CROOKS! Email me if you want any other info as I have bought a bunch of new Kawi`s over the last few years.
Andy [email protected]

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Blitz, Matthews Fun Machinnes, Matthews NC had TWO brand new 00's when we went down for the dyno day.

00 Green

00 Red

also had TWO 01 Silvers....

Mark-CBXX, Roscoe Roy, and myself all looked at these 8)

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hey Sims, you can buy my 2000 Red 12 and not need to do any mods to it, because it has just about every bolt on mod except for nitrous and air shifter!!!...It is even DragRace ready!!!

CrotchRocket

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey CrotchRocket,
Thanks for the kind offer, but it's always been a deep seeded nightmare of mine to buy a "gently used" bike like ol' Red.
:D
A couple guys on this thread concurred that maybe the '03s will be in soon (can't believe next week is October!) It's still 107 degrees here in Phoenix!
Kawi supposedly has a deep, crimson red coming out for '03. I've seen a gorgeous ZX-11 in Candy Apple Red, I hope the -12 looks similar.

·
Registered
57 Posts
sims1957 said:
Another big dealer in Phoenix who has a left-over 2000, a 2001, and two 2002s says that the '03s won't be available until Feb or March of 2003. Better hurry up and buy one now, never know when we'll be sold out and you'll be sorry...
Oh Puh-leeeze!
If I where you I would wheel and deal on the '00 Green get em down to around $7000.00 plus T&L, you won't be sorry :D

·
Registered
191 Posts
FAGETABOUTIT

The place he`s talking about dosen`t deal.Thats why they still have 00`s/01`s/and 02`s. THEY SUCK! The girl I bought my 01 silver from paid over $14000,they wanted to give her $5500 trade in and it only had 400 miles on it.They are owned by a car dealer conglomerate and operate the same way.Watch out for any dealership in the Phoenix area who`s name ends in motorsports,there are 5 or 6 of them.Hear me now and belive me later ,they live to [email protected]#K the unsuspecting. :evil:

·
Registered
561 Posts
I took the time to call "Metro" last night, asked them the " out the door" price, that I was in Dallas Tx and would come get it this weekend if their price was right.(I'm looking for a 0 mile '00 Red) And the reply was " I'll get back with you in 5 mins, 1hr later I get a V/M saying that he can't tell me over the phone but he would promise I would save 1k if I came to get it.... hehehehe. Needless to day, I/m not going to Mesa...
:roll:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts