Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently assembling the ZX-12R in Japan. (I've taken three A1s in the past.)

Quickly, I made a rear seat up hinge! (Photo shows the prototype)

There are three things that make it different from what has been sold in the past
Torque hinge can be used to hold any angle.
Parts other than the plate are made up of commercially available products, so they are inexpensive and can be repaired.
There is no automatic opening function by the spring.

The fitting was done with the stock seat of Type A. We did not check with the stock seat of Type B or the outside seat.

If you want it, it will be sold for 25,000 yen (including EMS shipping), so please contact us.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interested. Questions: 1. Do you retain the pillion seat in this set-up? 2. Your pics show the hard cover slightly elevated - can this be lowered to close the gap, thereby keeping the smooth lines where the cover meets the tail fairing? 3. What is the price converted to $ USD? 4. What is the turn-around time in receiving the item? 5. Does this fit the B model, 2002 - 2005?
Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
This guy's smoking crack. It looks like dogshit for one. Second and most importantly, he wants $230 US dollars for that contraption. Yea right.

No, he doesn't have one for the B model, he said so. This would be so easy to make with parts from Lowes or Home Depot. I couldn't see you having more than $40 to $50 MAX in it. More along the lines of $20 when you get it down pat.

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
He's having a go at least, but yeah the price I think is fairly excessive for what it is
And there's no difference between A and B rear seats so yes it will work

·
Registered
646 Posts
I'm currently assembling the ZX-12R in Japan. (I've taken three A1s in the past.)

Quickly, I made a rear seat up hinge! (Photo shows the prototype)
View attachment 16572

View attachment 16574
View attachment 16570
There are three things that make it different from what has been sold in the past
Torque hinge can be used to hold any angle.
Parts other than the plate are made up of commercially available products, so they are inexpensive and can be repaired.
There is no automatic opening function by the spring.

The fitting was done with the stock seat of Type A. We did not check with the stock seat of Type B or the outside seat.

If you want it, it will be sold for 25,000 yen (including EMS shipping), so please contact us.

Looks like it will interfere with my helmet lock cable. I have never dropped my seat when placing anything under the seat. Now maybe I jinxed that.:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts