Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Wonder if he knows about the Helium in the tires mod?? My brother's friend's cousin is a janitor who overheard someone who would know and he says it makes the tires weightless!!!! BAM

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are the specials 8) Looked very good to me 8)

Pilot Sp2's I believe...Roscoe will have to confirm which one's they are..

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks guys!

They really do make a big difference, especially when you turn in...damn thing is on rails!

alot easier on the take off also

the tires are Mambas...very nice!

michelin s2.....

Hey mark Ill trade you may polished rims for the buell! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice wheels! They look very good on your bike...
Too bad about the balancer weights on two sides of one of the spokes of the front wheel though... I think you should try to rotate that tire on the rim 180 degrees or whatever gives the best results to minimize the amount of weight to get the wheel balanced...

I ordered the racers gold for my blue 02 (natural magnesium color with clearcoat, so these will be lighter than yours, since you sprayed a ton of paint on them :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Will post pics too when they are on the bike...

Brgds., Dutch

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nice wheels and pics. If you have more, please post them.

I am probably going to get a set myself. I spoke with TAW, they told me that the Racer's Gold is not available due to issues getting a matching set of wheels from the material they are getting from Germany. They informed me that chances are that the Racer's Gold will be dropped. They also said that Marchesini was in the process of going to all forged wheels, this means that the 5 spoke wheels may be dropped.

This information came from TAW. I am not saying that it is all true, correct, or anything. I am just telling you what I was told while speaking with them on the phone.

I really wanted a set in the Racer's Gold. I may instead just get the Gold version. Incidentally, TAW does have 4-6 sets of the gold version arriving in October sometime.

http://www.tawvehicle.com

Since TAW is the North American importer(according to their website), this would lend some weight to what they told me over the phone.

You can find the part numbers on TAW's web site. But since I'm a darn nice guy, here they are for you:

ZX-12R front - 71218.35
ZX-12R rear - 72321.60

The first 5 numbers are the model.
The second 2 numbers are the width of the wheel in inches.
After the numbers there will be a color code. RG for racer's gold, G for gold, etc.

dutchzx12dude - would you mind telling me where you ordered your Racer's Gold wheels? If there were any more available I would like to order them. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts