Kawasaki World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I have narrowed down to these three tires. Which ones are you running and do you like them?
I am going to buy next week so any help is neede, also best places to buy tires?

G

·
0 Posts
Depend's on what your gonna do with 'em. Metzler won me over with the
Rennsport's, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

G

·
0 Posts
If your not worried about mileage I'd go with the Metz Rennsports,otherwise the pilots are very good. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't know what everyone else is getting for mileage out of the Rennsports but I can only afford them for track days. My Rennsport rear wore out in under 700 miles on the road. However, I positively KNOW that the Rennsports won't let me down. My gonads double in size when I put them on.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've got Metzler m1s on on my zx11 and I love'm, gonna put Mich HPXs on the 12.... they look about the same. Either way I don't think you can go wrong.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am on my second set of PilotSport HPXs!!!..I use them for DragRacing too!!!

Epstein and Tainui also have PilotSports!!!

CrotchRocket

·
4,208 Posts
AND WE LOVE THEM ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGES>>>>>>>WANNA SEEE?????hehe

G

·
0 Posts
I run the Pilot's and I'm finding them to be very good. I don't know weather cold is an issue were you live. But this time of year, I'm finding they still stick pretty good, even in the colder weather.

·
Registered
506 Posts
What kind of mileage are you guys getting from the Pilots? Have any of you experienced the "wobble" that some claim?

·
Registered
759 Posts
The mileage all depends on how you ride and where!!!...If the roads you ride on are mostly concrete then your tires will not last half as long!!!

CrotchRocket

·
Registered
506 Posts
Mostly black top. I almost got 3k out of the stock D207. I don't race.
Well at a track anyway :wink: Hoping to get at least 3500 - 4000

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I got less than 1900 miles out of my stock rear Dunflop. I don't give my 12 a break... that is what I bought it for... BUT the stock rear tire would 'spin' very easily. I was doing burn-out without even trying. Before I knew it, my tire was showing metal! Maybe it was defective, who knows.

I put a BT-010 on the back and I have 4500 miles on the bike and the tire still has a few miles to go and I even treat it much worst that the stock Dunflop. For my riding style, the BT-010 does just fine.

·
Registered
447 Posts
BT010

I also have 4,500 on my BT010's. I still have some tread left. I commute daily. I like the feel of the 10's. If you commute I would suggest trying the 10's first to get the better mileage they offer. Then try the others if they do not meet your needs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts