Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It's worth the starting money for the engine and spares. As for repairing it, for another grand you could buy a good tidy bike. It could cost more that to fix with used spares. If the forks or headstock have damage, even more. It's come down hard enough to bend the left handle bar in, so it could well have taken the steering lock off even if the frame was intact after the front impact.
I recently bought a 50cc bike that looked fine for £600. By the time I had replaced......piston, barrel, plug, chain, sprockets, tyres, filter, jets, choke cable, indicator, handle bars and several other odd bits, I was down another £600. I know it's now a decent reliable bike but I could have bought a clean one for a lot less than £1200 and saved literally days of labour.
It could be a satisfying project but I bet you don't save any money over buying a straight one! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
The guy is overpriced. £496 is about all it's worth. He's asking a trade in price that should be running and in perfect condition. From there on down it's degrading/high miles/damaged panels/ and the kiss of death are the forks and front end. Tweak that fork tube or upside leg you now call it, she still sends the energy thru the fork stems and tweaks that all out. If the frame took a crack someplace else besides the neck...

... It's a spares bike.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Hi there,

I wouldn't have thought the fork were bent or damaged, because its a Cat D

Just the panel damage will 'write that off'

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been brave and taken a punt..........I've got forks, wheels, yokes sat in the shed..........so if I'm successfull there may be an 04 on the market soon:thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts