hey all

so far i've done the following to my bike:

-slip-on exhaust
-air filter
-17t
-mudflap cut short
-rear blinkers (turn signals) shortened
-different (coloured and soft) handgrips
-coloured handlebar weights (stripped and painted)
-polished wheels

i think that's it...can't recall anything else...

just wondering though, does anybody have some other suggestions for me to do to my bike (that perhaps doesn't cost too much as i can't afford anything expensive right now)?

thanks all! :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAWGTUFF said:
change the stock mirrors & fender eliminator.
i'm happy with the stock mirrors...what's the "fender eliminator"?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Here is the best thing you can do for the 12, and you will save money doing it.

When your 200 wears out, replace it with a 180. :wink:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
blitzkrieg said:
Here is the best thing you can do for the 12, and you will save money doing it.

When your 200 wears out, replace it with a 180. :wink:
my 200 is almost worn out (needs replacing within the next month or two)...however, i don't think i'll go to 180 because:

1) i don't race on race tracks - i don't need the better handling,

2) the bike is a big one - kawasaki designed it with a 200 on the rear for a reason: GRIP...

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Okay Biff!!! Put another 200 on it. 200's rule!! :roll:

You asked. I told. You rejected.

G

·
0 Posts
A fender eliminator is an undertail, that involves removing the whole old fender, and installing a smooth body piece on the undercarriage, where the fender used to be. Using a smaller tire won't affect you negatively grip wise. Kawi used the big tire so the bike would look mean, that's it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blitzkrieg said:
Okay Biff!!! Put another 200 on it. 200's rule!! :roll:

You asked. I told. You rejected.
chill man FFS! :roll: :roll: :roll:

i just said i THINK i would not...i wasn't ruling it out altogether!

you didn't actually point out any positives of dropping down to a 180...whereas at least i pointed out the positives of keeping a 200 on it! :roll:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jiggsyking said:
A fender eliminator is an undertail, that involves removing the whole old fender, and installing a smooth body piece on the undercarriage, where the fender used to be. Using a smaller tire won't affect you negatively grip wise. Kawi used the big tire so the bike would look mean, that's it.
i still don't understand what a fender is though! :?: :cry:

so, there are no negatives with going down to a 180 from a 200 at all? if looking mean is what kawasaki tried to do, they suceeded! :D

i'm just trying to weigh up my options as i'm not really experienced when it comes to tires!

·
Registered
52 Posts
fender eliminators .

he means the mud guard ,

that heap of cheap black plastic that ya number plate is attetched to , :twisted: :roll:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Hey Blue, For what it's worth I've been hanging around this board for a while now and there has been and will be some big tyre debates. I have just ordered a 190 to see for myself, the only reason I'm trying a smaller size is because everybody here who has gone down a size or two has been really positive, quicker turn in etc etc, with no down side.
Money does'nt matter this time round cause my dealer threw in a new rear tyre when I bought the bike. :D
The rear fender is all that plastic shit above the rear tyre, I just cut mine back like everyone else has. The undertail thingys look really nice, especially the green ones :roll: but it's just cosmetic, and when your Dollars worth 50c then you end up spending big $$$$$ on looking good.
Could be worse, imagine how much you would have to spend on a busa to make it look good. :shock:
By the way what sort of pipe have you got?

Cheers Paul.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I was just messin' with ya blue.... :lol:

Sorry, there have been so many threads about the rear tire in the past (in fact there is one down about 6 from here), I forgot you were new because everybodies post count is now low.

The big gain with a 180 (or 190 if you prefer) is the turn in. The bike feels about 40 lbs. lighter.

I would never go back to a 200 after running a 180. Just my .02 worth.

Also the 180 "looks" just fine on the 12. Most people wouldn't even notice unless you point it out.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
mods
3 categories
a) functionality
b) performance
c) asthetics

count your green and get started!

brake lines a MUST
exhaust system and supplementary ECU
get rid of DUNSLOPS!