Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen

Is there an easy way to lower the pegs on this beast for more legroom and therefore more comfort on longer rides.

Raising the seat height is not a good alternative for me because that will, in effect, lower the Heli Bars.

I would like to hear from riders that have actually done this modification and what product you used.

Thanks,
Dave
Almost 9000 miles on the '02

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Wouldn't one of those adjustable rearsets do the trick? I wouldn't know since I have a 28" inseam! :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Footpegs

If you install aftermarket ones, such as Pro-tek or Lockhart, you gain about 1/2 to 3/4" more room. Doesn't sound like much--but it is.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Question?
If you need more leg room, you would move the footrest BACK and not DOWN because of 'dragging' in turns?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Footpegs

Namechanger: I think that moving the footpegs back would increase the discomfort level, putting you in more of a racing crouch. I'm wondering if rearsets can be adjusted to lower the footpegs and move them forward?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
The stock pegs on the 12 seem perfect to me, but I have short legs. I can see the daddy longleg types having a problem with the riding position. The older I get, the more my knees become become the boss. :cry:

·
Registered
4,468 Posts
NameChanger said:
Wouldn't one of those adjustable rearsets do the trick? I wouldn't know since I have a 28" inseam! :shock: :shock:
Geez namechanger, your a littler runt than I am! :) Never had much trouble with the foot pegs, (29 in inseam) just the long reach for the short little arms. :)

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Well, I hate to type this ... but I'm 5' 3.512932" and 179.9981521 lbs. 110% ALL MUSCLE!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
I dieted down last year to 176 lbs, my wife did not believe I could do it :wink:

Now I'm on my way up to 230 lbs, its winter and time to get swole :p

and I'm 5' 7.9999999999999" tall :roll:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Yeah, my family loves the food around the holidays.... I need to strave myself till Thanksgiving gets here... because I'm gonna chow down like a fool till the first of the year!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Here is the reply I had from Cyclecat about their rearsets (they are also developing adjustable bar risers for the 12, due in spring 03).

<<
I do know that our basic rearset design has a lot of room for adjustment. The footpeg carrier has three points on it for installing the footpeg and the carrier itself can be turned all around in a circle from one end. So if you had the footpeg on the far end of the carrier, it could go up 3" from center or 3" down and all around. That's a very general description but it's basically the same for each bike. Here's a link to get an idea:
http://www.cyclecat.com/drs1adjustment1.htm. That's for the DRS-1 so the mounting particulars would be different for your bike.
>>

If you look at the bottom of this page http://www.cyclecat.com/RS1-1.htm, there are a few links showing the set mounted. Looks like a very flexible system, with multiple positions and quite large adjustment ranges.
Page also contains application chart and pricing. Ouch :shock:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts