Kawasaki World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a guy in Bismarck (Mitzel Builders - he builds homes) that collects motorcycles. A friend of mine called me on Sunday and it turns out he works for this guy and works on his motorcycles. He invited me over there yesterday to check out the bikes. I can't believe what this guy has in his warehouse. There are at least 300 motorcycles. If you're an old 2 stroke lover, you'd be on cloud nine. (These bikes are all restored, too, and look like they came off the showroom floor.) He's got a 1969 Mach III 500 (white of course), a 1970 500 - charcoal gray, a 1970 500 - red - with a 5 cylinder engine (don't know who put this one together), a 1972 750 (first year the 750 3 cylinder came out) and a few more 750's and 350 3 cylinders. He's got Kawasaki's, Honda's, Suzuki's, Yamaha's, Royal Enfields, Nortons, Sears, Wards, bikes from the 60's up to the present. His latest bike is a ZX-14R, like mine. Everyone should have one of these. He must have 20 CB750 and CB750F Honda's, Honda factory turbo bikes. Remember the Honda CBX 6 cylinder? I counted 13 of them.
My friend said the bikes in that building are worth about $2 million. I believe it. It's just unreal what he's got in there. If you ever get to Bismarck, try to look the guy up. You might get a tour.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Wow, that's fantastic! Any chance of getting pics for those of us who can't make it the other side of the world to see them? Of course I would understand if the fella is reluctant to have pics/videos taken for security reasons, but what an amazing collection!! I bet you were just open mouthed at it all!

Don.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I get over there again, I'll see if I can take some pictures. He's got some of the original Z1's, too. What really amazed me is that some of these bikes have zero miles on them. My favorite bike he's got is the 1969 Kawasaki Mach III 500. This is the bike that started the acceleration wars. My uncle was the first person in Bismarck to buy one of these. He was my dads youngest brother and was my idol when I was growing up. He had this Clint Eastwood image - nobody messed with Clay. I've been a Kawasaki fan ever since. That's a long time. I was 14 when he pulled up to the farm on his brand new Mach III 500. I'll be 59 in June. Man I'm getting old. But, I still ride a ZX-14R. Had the ecu reflashed and still love straight line acceleration.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
When I get over there again, I'll see if I can take some pictures.
That would be great mokaw! I remember sitting on a Mach III 500 in a bike shop when I was about 15yo, couldn't afford a bike then let alone get a licence for one, but it used to annoy the salesmen when a pimply faced kid jumped on the bikes and dreamt of riding! I'll be 56 this year so not far off you and can remember most of the bikes you mentioned...bloody hell we've been on this site a while (2002)!

Cheers,

Don.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Sounds like a Helluva collection!! :crazyloco::crazyloco:

Betcha guys like 'Slider & kneedragr would love to see that!! Hell - We'd ALL love to see that!! :king::king:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts