Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes NameChanger is "MR. Cheap". I 'wacked' on my OEM rear turn signals to give them a slightly better look... here's how it was done.

Mr. Cheap's Turn Signal Mod

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CrotchRocket said:
Looks good!!!...How sturdy is the mount though???
They are not rock hard, but the OEM wasn't either. They don't jiggle or flop. They are tight and won't turn because they are inserted into a hole that is the same shape as the turn signal bracket. Then again, the more stout the spring, the sturdier the signals. :wink:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Looks good Namechanger, and I like that license plate too!

I did a slightly different version.

1) Unplug wires to lights (under rear seat), and fish wires through fender.

2) Unbolt lights and remove.

3) Pull off spacer, relocate to inside of fender, and rebolt lights.

4) Plug the lights back in.

With my version, the lights stick out a little farther than yours, but it was cheaper! :wink: Didn't have to buy a spring, solder, or shrink wrap! :wink:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vinnie, where in the hell were you before I started this project??? :D That is one damn good idea. Did you let other people know of this mod or did you keep it to yourself till now!??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Vinnie, MR. Cheap will put that in his book with you as the contributor. :wink:

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Namechanger,

I thought all this information was still in the archives.

Easy, Blitz, did we loose any information with the site change?

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always do a search ... but that doesn't mean I will get the right results. :( I still would of done the mod my way... just to be different. 8)

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Damn, NameChanger... I was just looking at the 12 tonight( post shovelectemy) I decided that the whole set up would much better with the turn signals shortened. I took one apart, and was going to let that image sit in my brain for a day or two until I came up with the best course of action. Looks like you are 2 days ahead of me ! They look great, thanks for sharing your mod 8) .

Scott W.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I'm not sure Vinnie, this is the second article I've been asked about today.

If you are sure that it was in the archives, then there may be a problem.

Easy, thoughts???

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Take from the tech articles from Easy's main page.

Thats how I did mine.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Miklos, that's just the way I envisioned what Vinnie said.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
Thanks Miklos 8) . I just went out and did it, took all of 10 minutes. While not as wind efficent as NameChangers mod :wink: , it works for me.

Coming soon to a classified section near you....One EA Extreme graphics under tail in candy ass( Uh, I mean thunder) blue.

Scott W.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
BigSaint- At least you can tinker for free when its too rainy to ride :lol:

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When it gets cold in Jersey, BigStaint puts up his 12 and goes and talks 'waste management' with Tony Soprano. :shock:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts