Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started choppin weight off the 12 this past weekend and finished today with the removal of the front take-off/landing lights. I still have to figure out how to integrate my turn signals into the rear tail light. I have a smoked double-bubble windscreen ordered.

BTW, you folks have me convinced the Hindle is the way to go for exhaust so.......as soon as I get the OK from the boss..cough-cough..I'll dump the last big chunk of weight off the Yuckster 8) .

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Wanna lose about 40 pounds.... Lose the Dunslops(dunlops) boat anchors....... :lol: :lol: :lol: Great looking awesome Faster Green model 12 you have there....

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
How much do ya think lighter tires would improve straight line performance? I have Michelin Pilot Sport Race Tires on mine now with a 180/55ZR17 rear. I took off a Dunlop off the front and a BT-010 off the back. I am curious if anyone knows. TIA :D

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I don't know I was being a smart A$$... :lol: :lol: :lol: I would like some light wheels though....

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the parts choppin off my bike more for looks than anything else. By the time I toss my 6'-4" 280 lb carcass into the seat, any weight I chopped off is flopped back onto the bike x20 :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Venumb, you front light's look cool. Like Rich said. Nice faster green model.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nedragr said:
Looks good!! What brand of blinkers? Seen the pic of your bike and noticed no mirrors. I thought to myself, alright! somebody else uses bar-ends. But nope, not even a bar end. What's up with that? 8)
I'm not sure of the namebrand on the blinkers...I'll get back to you on that the next time I'm at my garage. Now..as far as mirrors go...I just ordered these yesterday http://bugeyes.com/...I'm not expecting any miracles from them..I just want some kind of quick-view what's behind me, which of course will be....EVERYTHING :lol:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ynot said:
Nice.... But....But.... It's Green :shock: :shock:

Do they come in any other color :p ?

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jiggsyking said:
Venumb, you front light's look cool. Like Rich said. Nice faster green model.
Thanks...the same place that did my headlights also did my filler cap.

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
I was serious. Lighter tires would equal less rolling mass. Maybe that is a fantasy with just a tire change? :?

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
OutsiderZX12R said:
I was serious. Lighter tires would equal less rolling mass. Maybe that is a fantasy with just a tire change? :?
Thats what I say about that 4.4 pound heavier crank on the 02's More reciprecating mass that you have to get to turn.....

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Venumb said:
BTW, you folks have me convinced the Hindle is the way to go for exhaust so.......as soon as I get the OK from the boss..cough-cough..I'll dump the last big chunk of weight off the Yuckster 8) .

Man, all the Hindle boys and none of the Akra boys must have been around the night that convincing was done!!!

:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
blitzkrieg said:
Venumb said:

Man, all the Hindle boys and none of the Akra boys must have been around the night that convincing was done!!!

:lol: :lol:
It'll take a whole lot of convincing to get me to plop down the chunk of change needed for an Akra pipe :eek: !

G

·
0 Posts
But it would be worth it. Then you could be part of the big badass Akrapovic club. BTW: What's up with the warning sticker still on your tank?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts