Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a bone stock(other than K&N's) 00 zx12. She's plenty fast for me but I'd like a better exhaust, was gunna do a slip on, but I see the Muzzy system is under $500, figure why not spend the extra money and save some weight, I already have a Power Commander that came with the bike. Read a few posts about a flat spot in the tuning though, should this make me shy away from the Muzzy? Or has this issue been fixed? Thanks ya'll. This website is a wealth of info, a little too much info, just didn't have the time to troll thru all the posts to find the answer and most of the posts are dated.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
For what you want to accomplish the Muzzys is fine. Sounds great and you will pic up a lot of power. The flat spot can be tuned up. Shouldn't be a problem.
Mine burned a hole in my lower fairing. That pissed me off. I'm not sure if that happens every time. But for $500 it's hard to beat. :thumbup:

cmg

Ps it's not a Arata or a akro.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know there are better exhaust, well actually as far as full systems go, pretty much every other system on the market is better, but hey its lighter and better than a simple slip on was my theory. Just don't want to deal with it running like hot garbage, supposed to run better with exhaust, not worse, lol.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I hear, Muzzy is not the only exhaust that creates this issue. Evidently you have to spend $$$$ on a more expensive system. Just makes me wonder how the manufacturers get away with it and even offer a tune with this crappy flat spot in it. Just don't wanna dump a third of the cost of the bike into a exhaust. I'm lazy and cheap, lmao!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Good used exhausts come up in this websites classifieds and on ebay, so if you aren't rushed there are options. New is another matter both in price and avail.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
if you dont have a pc, dont get a muzzy. if you do, i have a map thats pretty good at smoothing out the flat spot, but it wont ever be perfect. the hindle works great, wait to find the step tube version. more power.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Btw Hindle still sells their exhaust for zx12r

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
some, i bought speed3s bike so i will have a dedicated street machine. it has a muzzy, i believe he was happy with how it ran with the map i had in it, but im leaning towards putting a small turbo on it

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn, guess I should be patient for a good used piece. I do have a pc3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the full muzzy blocks the lower bolts for my rear shock on my 02. If you plan on doing ANY suspension anything to the rear then flip the bolts so the heads are on the kickstand side of the bike so you can always get to them whenever. And it only burnt my fairing while the bike was lowered, plenty clearance at stock height for me.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
If you pick up some insulation from Autozone and put a shim between the fairing and the frame at the rear fairing mount you won't have any problems...You'll notice a power increase...:zxred:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
If you pick up some insulation from Autozone and put a shim between the fairing and the frame at the rear fairing mount you won't have any problems...You'll notice a power increase...:zxred:

rd your 12 is clean and badass! Red tank looks excellent! :thumbup:

cmg

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ended up with a Ti-Force off of e-bay, 4 into 2 into 1, hopefully have decent results with it. Will likely get it tuned and call it good. Any DIY mods I should consider doing while I have the exhaust off and before I get it tuned? Because other than maintenance, I don't plan on doing anything else to this bike. Love her "just the way she is" lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts