Kawasaki World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a replacement can for my Muzzy SS system, the Muzzy TI can I bought off someone from this Forum is falling apart where the inlet from mid pipe to can.....I am going to take it apart to see if it can be re-welded or something but if I can find one (if someone has a Muzzy can just laying around not going to use) for cheap in good condition I rather go that way....prefer SS can.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, not where the rivets/screws are, the part that is loose is the neck that is going into mid pipe is loose from the plate that holds it to the can where it's held by hex screws......so something came loose inside the can part....:headscratch:

·
Registered
257 Posts
There are three screws that hold that together underneath the Ti outer part of the can. Mine was loose for a long time because of this. Take it all apart and you'll be able to fix it no problem.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are three screws that hold that together underneath the Ti outer part of the can. Mine was loose for a long time because of this. Take it all apart and you'll be able to fix it no problem.
Great if that's all that is needed then I am home free.....I'll take it apart next week when I am off for few days :mfclap:

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you stated there was a round plate that supposedly hold the neck to the exhaust which broke into 3 pieces and I only found 2 pieces with 2 bolts holding on to them. I tried doing all I can to hold the inside together but no luck. I went to my neighbor for advice and he came up with a great idea, he took those broken pieces (ring plate) and welded to the neck and I used that to bolt it back to the neck plate and all is well now. :thumbup:

Thanks for the info, truly help in my situation :king:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts