Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to the track to beat my best e.t of 10.4 ButI couldn't get the launch I had planned in my head everything I tried didnt work an my times got slower an slower then.....Bam The bike just rev to redline so I think its time for a clutch an I know I can reach my 10.0 goal with a stock 02 zx12r 16 44 gear rs3 slip on an lowered I also pick up 137 mph one time so I think the mph is there

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Can you give some more details on your mod's and such?

IMO that bike sounds strong. Your first pass was what I think was your best launch.

Outsiders bike pulled a high 9 box stock in Kansas with a 145 (+/- RIP Ryan) rider so it is possible at lower elevations). Hopefully he will chime in.

Just observing I think your launches are where you need to focus.

More details - please?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give some more details on your mod's and such?

IMO that bike sounds strong. Your first pass was what I think was your best launch.

Outsiders bike pulled a high 9 box stock in Kansas with a 145 (+/- RIP Ryan) rider so it is possible at lower elevations). Hopefully he will chime in.

Just observing I think your launches are where you need to focus.

More details - please?
Mods are No Cat rs3 slip on 1 1/4 lower in the front bottom hole on rear lowering link 16 44 gears 26, xxx miles an a half tank of gas an me 220 lbs with gear

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the end of the night I could let the clutch go quick an it still would slip maybe I shouldn't have done the back to back pass but I had a feelin the bike wasn't right from. My 60ft an 1/8th mile times cant wait to gea.new clutch an billet basket

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
By the end of the night I could let the clutch go quick an it still would slip maybe I shouldn't have done the back to back pass but I had a feelin the bike wasn't right from. My 60ft an 1/8th mile times cant wait to gea.new clutch an billet basket
Are you running the stock clutch?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Stop.

You are going to grenade it and really do some damage.

If you are going to race it you need to billet basket and upgrade before you continue.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
"B" model basket should hold up for 1.7s launches....but I wouldn't push your luck. I put several hundred passes on my 02, stock basket, at similar weight. That being said, it is cheap insurance!! The A models were notorious for blowing up the baskets. I have seen several billets crack from consistent 1.5x 60'.

At 250 suited, my best was [email protected], full exhaust, footshift, pump gas. Man that was a long time ago!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I can get a 1.6 60ft I was very close a few weeks ago but on this video the clutch was acting very weird I would snap it an it kind of did its own thing I cant believe i was so focused on beating my personal best time 10.4 I never thought im messing up my clutches I ran it about 8 times these are just the passes that my friend recorded

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Just got a chance to watch your runs. I definitely agree with Blitz that the first launch was the best that I saw. I am curious how you came to have the gearing that you do? 44/16 is not a combination I have heard much about. I think you could stand to gear it down a little bit more.

·
Registered
18,626 Posts
Thanks Blitz. Ryan was probably closer to 160 or so when he ran mine. The best he ever ran on mine after the mods (Akro pipe, PCIII, stretched, lowered and geared down) was a 9.73 @ 143, and that was on a night that the air was so thick that you could cut it with a knife. I would have loved to known what he could've done on that bike at sea level or even on a night with less humidity. The bike in the same condition as listed above took me to a 9.99 @ 140 pass, hauling my 270 pound fat ass.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts