Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just got back from Loring with Vader and had a great time. I only got to do 2 run with it. The Brocks Gen3 exhaust was put on the day before so the runway was my first test. I had Scott do 2 shake downs runs on it just to get to see what it could do. I wanted it 100% how I ride it on the street. It was not lowered it had 93 pump in it with a m7rr 190-55 tire on it and CBlast flash and 4.25 qt of 20-50 wal-mart quicksilver oil. We just took the mirrors of it and went. This is a tall ass bike with that tire on it. We put a gpr v4 damper on it too. Ill tell you my runs first. First run was a 188 in the 1.5. I was short shifting and rode it out the back to feel how the bike handled. It was so smooth. Next run a 190.9. I was in full tuck and was watching the tach climb as I passed the 1.5. Then it started to rain and my day was done.
Scott on the other hand did his first run at 198 in the 1.5 short shifting. I dont think he went over 8k in the first 3 gears. His next run he gave it a bit more down low and opened it up top. He went a 202.4 in the 1.5 I was very happy with my street bike. I am over 300 lbs in gear and it was still pulling up top. I am liking this big bike. Redsled.
P.S. Scotts bike was unreal but thats his story.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Congratulations!!!
Sounds like it was an interesting and productive weekend for you
What gearing did you go with?
I'm dieing to hear how Scott did with his monster though.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
yeah what saids

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the stock sprocket on it. I dont think it had 100 rpm left till it hit the limiter. I think lowered and a sprocket change it would go 205 or so. I didnt even put the clutch kit in it yet. I love the sound of the the gen3 carbon. Very mellow and deep.
Now to Scotts bike. I cant spoil it for him but I will tell you that very few people have seen with there own eyes a mile long burn out. Now I can say I have. Redsled.

·
Super Moderator
1,272 Posts
Mate you did well, but sorry to say I'm just hanging to read an update from Scott

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
thank you for the runs on your 14 buddy and the help with my 12

·
Registered
245 Posts
Scott when did you get the 14?
And what fuel were you running since you were in MPS/F?

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
thats Jens bike (vader) not mine. it was pump gas, just not track certified as it was from the actual gas station by his house

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Great work Redsled ! The 14R is a pure beast imo , very interested to see the beast with a gear change and better conditions :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Jens/Redsled that's one sweet ride..Congratulations
One problem you now have to come up with a new name.......
Maybe Blacksled.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Vader fits it well. I have to wait till the girlfriend gets home to put some pics on here. The Brocks carbon was worth ever penny as was the GPR damper. I wanted to see what a 14r could do in stockish street trim. No clutch kit ,was not lowered and 20/50 oil in it and 93 pump. Scott may have had 1 or 2 mph in it before he hit the limiter. I think I could have got to 195ish on pump. We each only ran it twice. And the pipe was put on the day before the race. I didnt even ride till it was at the track. This is my street bike and I dont want to make it a all out race bike. I am happy to have the Redsled project to keep me from pulling the trigger on a rcc exhaust for Vader. That almost happened. Redsled.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I think Vader fits it well. I have to wait till the girlfriend gets home to put some pics on here. The Brocks carbon was worth ever penny as was the GPR damper. I wanted to see what a 14r could do in stockish street trim. No clutch kit ,was not lowered and 20/50 oil in it and 93 pump. Scott may have had 1 or 2 mph in it before he hit the limiter. I think I could have got to 195ish on pump. We each only ran it twice. And the pipe was put on the day before the race. I didnt even ride till it was at the track. This is my street bike and I dont want to make it a all out race bike. I am happy to have the Redsled project to keep me from pulling the trigger on a rcc exhaust for Vader. That almost happened. Redsled.
I hav it on a good source that the exhaust systems from RCC cause blindness and metal illness...twisting the theory of time and space into a pretzel. Vader will be speaking in high screaming tones of madness, possibly ending in spectacular burn outs for miles. Be prepared.

cmg

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I hav it on a good source that the exhaust systems from RCC cause blindness and metal illness...twisting the theory of time and space into a pretzel. Vader will be speaking in high screaming tones of madness, possibly ending in spectacular burn outs for miles. Be prepared.

cmg
its actually tunnel vision not blindness :rotflmao:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well my second trip to Loring didnt go as well as I would have liked. I had good weather and a small cross wind at about 3 mph. My last run I nailed all my shifts and went through 1.5 over 11000 rpm. I was so happy I thought I had my 200 mph pass. Got my slip and a 190.74. WTF. Scott went 202.4 with 20-50 oil in it and all I did is put my go to race oil in it. 530rr. Me at my weight;300 in gear the clutch was slipping on the big end. The sad part is I have the Brocks clutch kit but was told it was'nt needed unless I was drag racing. Wrong. I am happy I lost 16lbs from spring to fall. I am going for 250lbs in gear for the spring event and my ride on the Redsled. Scotts bike as most of you know was a monster.
Redsled.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Well my second trip to Loring didnt go as well as I would have liked. I had good weather and a small cross wind at about 3 mph. My last run I nailed all my shifts and went through 1.5 over 11000 rpm. I was so happy I thought I had my 200 mph pass. Got my slip and a 190.74. WTF. Scott went 202.4 with 20-50 oil in it and all I did is put my go to race oil in it. 530rr. Me at my weight;300 in gear the clutch was slipping on the big end. The sad part is I have the Brocks clutch kit but was told it was'nt needed unless I was drag racing. Wrong. I am happy I lost 16lbs from spring to fall. I am going for 250lbs in gear for the spring event and my ride on the Redsled. Scotts bike as most of you know was a monster.
Redsled.
The world knows the 14R motor is a beast compared to most anything else. Kinda gives a moment of pause to think about what the 12R done 15 years ago and what bikes like Scott's are doing today with extremely basic turbo systems.. With the exception of the transmissions giving up from extreme power the motors appear to be bulletproof as well making power between 450 and 600 Hp !!

It's the basic part of what Scott is doing that has impressed the hell out of me. No 10K Motec ECU, No 1K NLR Boost controller, STOCK WHEELS !, No extreme body panel alterations other than a loner tail to smooth the flow off the tail. I would love to see the bike with a tank cover on there to give it an even more stock look. That would be too awesome indeed.

There's only a handful of us truly loyal 12R believers left that have always felt the 12R was and still is Kawasaki's brightest moment. The 14 and 14R are spin offs from the original 12R concept adding to it's legacy of being decades ahead of everything else. Sometimes all it takes is for one moment in time to go down different than it actually went down to change history. In the case of the 12R and the Busa that's exactly one of those moments. But I for one am glad it went the way it went. 12R's are today rare and getting more so with each passing day. Glad I started collecting up parts several years back. Mine will never be sold.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im working out a deal on another 2000 a1. I hope it goes through. I cant wait to ride the Redsled again. The 14r is my street bike and im not going to lower it or run it on race fuel. For now anyways. I do miss having a 12r street bike so Im gonna fix that. And over the winter Ill try to finish my kz1000 project. Now that bike with a little power is way more fun than it should be. Redsled.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Im working out a deal on another 2000 a1. I hope it goes through. I cant wait to ride the Redsled again. The 14r is my street bike and im not going to lower it or run it on race fuel. For now anyways. I do miss having a 12r street bike so Im gonna fix that. And over the winter Ill try to finish my kz1000 project. Now that bike with a little power is way more fun than it should be. Redsled.
I have a beautiful green A1, potentially for sale, lol. Status of the redsled???

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Redsled is in pieces now. It will take the winter to get it right,but whens its done it will be right and tight. Im selling or trading my vmax. The 12r I am looking at needs alot of love so that build if I get it will be some special. I would leave your 12r the way it is just like I doing to my 14r. What cha want for the 12r Shane. Redsled.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts