Kawasaki World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got a ZX12R 2000-01 A1 that has had fuelling issues. I have a other thread open at the moment but it's got a whole load of other stuff on it now and the situation has progressed.

All sensors work, all wired go to the right place, ECU is good, Fuel pump is good and engine is good.

With all as it should be it wont start. If i remove the tube for the MAP sensor so its measuring atmosphere it starts immediately and revs up with the throttle. It runs super rich and bogs if you're not gentle with the throttle. If you have it running and reconnect the tube back onto the sensor it dies immediately.

Has anyone got any idea what the problem might be? I'm thinking possibly the fuel pressure regulator but its just a guess really.

·
Super Moderator
1,232 Posts
Did you try removing the MAP sensor from the tail of the bike and swapping it with the one near the throttles?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try removing the MAP sensor from the tail of the bike and swapping it with the one near the throttles?
Yeah I got the same issue. According to the manual they are the same part so that would make sense as to why I got the same thing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts