Kawasaki World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bernardsville man accused of trying to sell Uzi assault rifle to undercover officer | NJ.com

Well, my ex brother in law to be accurate. Anyways, I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how much time he's looking at. Keep in mind that he already has a domestic violence charge against him and this is the very gun unfriendly gestapo like state of NJ.
Any time I look online for penalties, I'm forced to scroll thru pages of lawyer babble bullshit. Not one site I've been to yet has shown me any type of penalties.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Realisticly at least 20+ depends on the specificity of the firearm laws in terms of weapon classification in his state and if they are going to bring a federal case as well.

For example what my state calls an assault weapon the ATF does not. The article doesnt give many details. If he was in posession of unregistered NFA type weapon and said capacity magazines are not legal in NJ along with the paperwork issue hes gone be gone along time.

Unlawful posession of a firearm is at minimum 10yrs IIRC so alot of it depends on the details.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Realisticly at least 20+ depends on the specificity of the firearm laws in terms of weapon classification in his state and if they are going to bring a federal case as well.

For example what my state calls an assault weapon the ATF does not. The article doesnt give many details. If he was in posession of unregistered NFA type weapon and said capacity magazines are not legal in NJ along with the paperwork issue hes gone be gone along time.

Unlawful posession of a firearm is at minimum 10yrs IIRC so alot of it depends on the details.
yeah, I've heard 7-10 so far. Keep in mind that NJ has the most stringent gun laws aside from CA. I don't even know where he got the gun. BTW, those mags are NOT legal in Jersey.
It's quite possible that it's his brothers, but from what I remember, it was an H+K. Either way, he's probably going to get screwed since he can't afford a lawyer and he owes numerous people money. $75K to my sister alone for back child support.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
That's really, really rough. One bad decision and boom, several years of your life taken from you. I hope he can salvage the situation and straighten up and fly right.

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah, I've heard 7-10 so far. Keep in mind that NJ has the most stringent gun laws aside from CA. I don't even know where he got the gun. BTW, those mags are NOT legal in Jersey.
It's quite possible that it's his brothers, but from what I remember, it was an H+K. Either way, he's probably going to get screwed since he can't afford a lawyer and he owes numerous people money. $75K to my sister alone for back child support.

Its speculation on my part but like I said it depends on what actually transpired. So the papers say it was an UZI probably not and their are plenty of HKs that arent "assault weapons" AR15s for example arnt necessarily classified as "assault weapons" in legal terms.

On a side not I love my ARs:crazyloco:

·
Registered
991 Posts
That's really, really rough. One bad decision and boom, several years of your life taken from you. I hope he can salvage the situation and straighten up and fly right.

Point is dont do dumb shit with firearms. Its bad enough all of the regulation we have on Class 3 and NFA stuff and most of the gun laws are simply designed to make possession a very big pain in the ass for gun owners. Since sure its not outright restriction that would violate the 2nd amendment but HOT DAM were gonna make it difficult for the citizens to exercise their constitutional rights :banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anybody read the article? Never once does it say they actually found an uzi...

Says shotguns and the mags?

Mags appear to be illegal...

Hell in CA anything over 10 is illegal now..

Appears this guy is getting the full lethal force of the Liberal Movement.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know alot of you guys are gun owners. I know alot of you have also been put thru the ringer in a divorce. But don't take his side because of that. Look at the case objectively. It was an Uzi. They were high capacity magazines, and he did try and forge the bill of sale.
Ok. so after a long trial, he was sentenced today. 6 yrs and parole after 3.

Uzi Possession Gets Man 6 Years in Prison - Basking Ridge, NJ Patch

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Glad for all involved that chapter is over...

On the bright side, mebby he'll meet "Mr. Right" while he's a guest of the state... :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Look at the case objectively. It was an Uzi. They were high capacity magazines, and he did try and forge the bill of sale.
Ok. so after a long trial, he was sentenced today. 6 yrs and parole after 3.

Uzi Possession Gets Man 6 Years in Prison - Basking Ridge, NJ Patch
He's either going to Rahway or Trenton. Both of which are pretty much what you would expect in a prison. Violent and dangerous.
He was bad. He needs to go away. The system works.

Skip is right... Just because I'm a gun owner does NOT obligate me to support some asshat who is fuggin' up... :squint::squint:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He was bad. He needs to go away. The system works.

Skip is right... Just because I'm a gun owner does NOT obligate me to support some asshat who is fuggin' up... :squint::squint:
I'm not a gun owner, but I do support peoples 2nd amendment rights. I've shot several weapons and go to the range every now and then. I do not agree with the so called "assault weapons" ban and I know in NJ it's quite difficult to get your FID and buy a gun. But, you do have to abide by the law. Especially when firearms are involved. If you don't like your states particular law, DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN BITCHING ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. I'm not calling anyone out either. So don't take anything personally. But when you don't get involved, don't vote, you get politicians who have no idea what the difference between and AR-15 and an AK-47 is. hell, i doubt they even know what an M1911 is. In other words, your inaction gets you what you deserve.
Sorry, I didn't mean to go off on a rant, but well, I did.:rant::loco::thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts