Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the air injection setup and could not find anything that fit in the dang .90" hole. Then it hit me, do they still make rubber freeze plugs? Off to the auto parts store I went and sure enough they had a 1" size expanding rubber freeze plug.

OK so how am I going to fit a 1" plug in a .90" hole? :headscratch: Ah, the Milwaukee 1/2 drill comes to the rescue. I took the nut and washer off the freeze plug, and chucked the threads in the drill. Then laid a flat bastard file on the bench, and in about 2 minutes I had a perfect .90 freeze plug. Some red Loctite on the threads and I stuck it in the air box and tightened it down. This thing is going no where any time soon and was an easy solution.

Photo of the install.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
very good young man.about 5 bucks?

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Nice fix. :thumbup:
Keep in mind this hole is over the throttle linkage. If this mod is not done with care, and the "plug" fell out, it could drop down into the throttle linkage. This could prevent the throttle from closing. So make sure your solution to this is safe.

cmg

·
Registered
374 Posts
I went to home depot and got the rubber things that go onto the feet of a bar chair so that the chair does not scratch the floor.... it fit in very snug!... cost 80cents

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice fix. :thumbup:
Keep in mind this hole is over the throttle linkage. If this mod is not done with care, and the "plug" fell out, it could drop down into the throttle linkage. This could prevent the throttle from closing. So make sure your solution to this is safe.

cmg
It's actually inside of the linkage by about 1.5 inches. It's not falling out any time soon. Thanks for the concern! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Yes your mod is excellent.
But others might short cut a plug. The throttle plate rod and adjusters to sync the blades run all the way across the throttle bodies. A make shift plug could fall out and get lodged between the head and under these throttle arms. Preventing them from closing. Guess how I know...:banghead:

cmg

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
They also make a rubber pan saver for oil and tranny pans that would work nicely....that's what they called...a Pan Saver...for when ya strip the threads.....

·
Registered
71 Posts
I used PG13.5 plastic blocking plug (might be familiar for those who work at industry, IP68) with adhesive sealant, perfect fit.

Oh btw, Hi! First post ever here.

(Been planning to write off a thread of my bike/revival project but been lazy, might do one during the winter)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I used a wine bottle cork to keep the spiders and bugs out while I was waiting for shims to arrive in the post, it weren't a tight fit but did a temporary job. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts