Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all, picked up my new (03) zx12r yesterday! up at 5.30 this morning out to garage, to make sure its still there! optimate plugged in and hopefully recovering the battery. what a pain to get to eh?
The clocks appear to not to know how to keep time?? (battery problem perhaps)?
But who cares this bike is FKN awesome. just drove 50 mile yesterday on the long way back from the dealer!
Im not particularly tech savvy and dont like cleaning my bikes either.
My preference is that i would rather spend my time riding it!

my bike history is; zzr 600, ZR7 (new zephyr), Triumph sprint 955i then finally a proper upgrade yesterday!
I am always up for a blast anywhere around Beds, Herts, Bucks if anyone is up for that?
Bye for now !

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Congratulations!!

Most people fit permanent battery tender leads. Some leave them just inside the hole in the frame on the left side of the battery. Mine are routed up to the rear seat storage box. I have an inline fuse and a cigarette lighter fitting. I use it to power stuff like the phone charger/sat nav. I put a female cigarette lighter fitting on the Optimate and charge by just lifting the rear seat off.

Take it easy for a while, you've got a whole lot of performance and no electronic trickery to help. Don't run out of fuel. The tank is small, expect no more than 120 or 130 miles from it. When the gauge starts flashing find a garage. You have a few litres left and these things are a bitch to push.

This forum is the place to come for tech info or advice. Go to the ZX12R section and use the "search the forum" tool. There's info, advice and opinion on everything going back a decade or more. :thumbup:

Check out the Wales tour thread for May 14.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shep,
I have had it on the optimate overnight and it roared into life just now!
i konw what you mean about pushing em, the battery died on me last night so first day....Pushing it and had to bump start it :-( .... seems ok now though..
I will wait for the roads to thaw and dry out and go out for a tickle this afternoon. we have got sun here at the moment!
thx for the reply.
ride safe!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Welcome chap :wave: I like you started on a ZZR600 :thumbup:

My charger lead is cable tied to the clutch cable mount on the right side of the engine :thumbup:

Oh and come join us in Wales in May :thumbup: :wave:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Afkan, I got the ZZR after doing test 3 years ago, only had it 5 days and then wrote it off spectacularly, cartwheeled it after highsiding.... :-( to be fair it was a good lesson well learnt! biggest injury was my ego. since then ive done C.40k on the other bikes. All of my riding is for fun , i drive a company car about 30k a year too. (youd think id want to get off the roads LOL!
Thanks for the welcome.
I'll have a look at the optimate lead cos its flaping all over the shop at the mo', Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts