Kawasaki World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Which bars did you go with? I have an abm riser aswell but having a problem finding bars with the right angles. For me would be a little bit more to the outside than stock. Just can't find anything suitable

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went with the abm bars , it all came as kit form . Definately turned it into a loon machine . But got to be aware of slightly less lock on steering . Almost caught me out twice now .

·
Registered
149 Posts
My kit came without bars unfortunately, good to know about the reduced steering lock I'll keep that in mind when I'm choosing my bars 👍🏻

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have ABM street fighter kit. I noticed no ill effects. Real happy with them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great kit . Mine is the b model and comes with two brackets that minimise steering lock ,so not to hit fairing , almost dropped it twice at walking pace due to shortened lock . But when youre on the move its fantastic upgrade .you feel like you can really hustle it .

·
Registered
297 Posts
Great kit . Mine is the b model and comes with two brackets that minimise steering lock ,so not to hit fairing , almost dropped it twice at walking pace due to shortened lock . But when youre on the move its fantastic upgrade .you feel like you can really hustle it .
Gotcha. Must be a difference with the A1 and B1. With the A I have noticed no ill effects. My brake tank does rub, but I rotated it so it is minimal and only when turned to the sharpest left possible. Never an issue when riding.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I looked at a second hand A1 kit as owner swore it would fit and the brackets were not in picture . But didnt risk it and went for right one . But defo wouldnt say ill effects as its sooo much better to ride now . Just got to watch tight u turns , lol 😁😁

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same issue - which bars. On my '02 B i FleaBay'd a spare top tree, had it machined to rid the drop bar ears, re-powder coated it, and got some RSM snowmobile 30* 3" risers with black Renthall low road bars and made some small steer stop wedges to take a few degrees off rotation. Worked a charm. BUT, it was a lot of work. On my current '05 I snagged another ABM yoke, risers & steering limiters (no longer cable or bars) from someone on ZXforums. I'm not sure if those Renthall 7/8" low road bars (rake & sweep) will work as I believe the sweep angle on the bars is different. The extended cable will not be an issue; a crafter near can build one. Any sage wisdom (sans snark) would help. 🤔 Also, I have an ABM silver top tree for the A-1 model - cheap - if anyone wants to go the DIY route. Won't work on a B/C models (different steering head nut config). Just rsvp to my email.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I still have issues with new fairing . Just cant find the the correct way to place the bars . I have come up with the brilliant idea ( in my head anyway ) of purchasing two slightly smaller bar risers which im convinced will drop the bars closer to the fairing cut out and hopefully clear the nosecone . Just waiting for them to arrive . Only 12quid ! if this works i will post results .

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I still have issues with new fairing . Just cant find the the correct way to place the bars . I have come up with the brilliant idea ( in my head anyway ) of purchasing two slightly smaller bar risers which im convinced will drop the bars closer to the fairing cut out and hopefully clear the nosecone . Just waiting for them to arrive . Only 12quid ! if this works i will post results .
Any pictures you can post?

cmg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not the best but . Clutch lever hits on right lock. And master cylinder hits on left lock . I need 1 inch to clear appx 8mm on lockstop is clear when parts touch . Will get a better pic on over weekend

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From front . Struggling to get a rear profile shown . I admit they look high on picture , but in reality they feel in the correct place . If you rotate down it feels like your on your knees . I will get better pics up and you will see what i mean . I think the new fairing is a bit deeper at the top . As the old chinese one just cleared . Hate to take the grinder to it .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts