Kawasaki World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so from the start here goes . Bought zx12r years back with sticky clutch . Ebc .
Today removed clutch fibres and plates . All stuck and came out in clumps .
2 fibres are narrower and take anti judder springs .
1 in middle of basket and 1 at the start of clutch ( nearest to engine )
New clutch kit oem from schnitz only has 1 narrow fibre . As kit came stacked in packet with narrow fibre on top i placed this into basket first and built up from there . I have correct number of fibres but have omitted narrow fibre and judder springs in middle of basket . Have not fired her up . But clutch is beautiful just pushing bike in gear and checking . I have left fairing off until i get info on wether to leave it or move narrow fibre and judder springs to middle of basket or change one of the fibres for a ebc one and go that way . Any info would be amazing guys .

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Swap the middle narrow fiber and rings for a full size fiber. If you don’t have a full size fiber then the narrow will work.
Stack height is good?

cmg

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep thats what i done . So im basically running it like a A1 clutch with just single judder springs at start of basket . Got to admit clutch feels good and works . Just feltca bit wrong to swap out 2 judder springs and a narrow fibre for a full size one . But looking at various microfiche it seems the early 12s were in this configuration .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im short on stack height for that unless i put a ebc plate in . So that isnt happening 😂

·
Registered
25,351 Posts
What's the "right" stack height?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@go200
Allegedly between 56.8 and 57.6 i believe . But what i meant was i dont have a spare new fibre to put in at the start unless i use a old one and did not want to really do that . And as clutch seems to be the best its ever been then let sleeping dogs lie and all that .

·
Registered
25,351 Posts
@go200
Allegedly between 56.8 and 57.6 i believe . But what i meant was i dont have a spare new fibre to put in at the start unless i use a old one and did not want to really do that . And as clutch seems to be the best its ever been then let sleeping dogs lie and all that .
Thanks, Shane - Understood!!
😁😁😁

> Nah - You gave me the answer I was looking for -
I remember when I had my clutch apart installing ZX-6R springs, I also had to deal with the stack height & it was an interesting moment in time...
😣😣😣

1 - 10 of 10 Posts