Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High folks - so setting into winter and looking for more lighting - current headlight on the C1 has defo seen better days.
Any help on best value for new replacement in Europe?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Define what you mean by past its best? Is the front cover bust or is it just the inside is full of dust from the reflector adjuster vibrating, if it's dust wash it out, dry with hair dryer, put some heat resistant foam under the reflector to stop it vibrating as there is not much can be done for the adjusters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey ninjayorkie - front lens is in a bad way - has been 'stained' by a corrosive cleaner or polish used before my time - actually ran down the inside of the lens, so the 'streaks' for want of a better description cause loss of light

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
There hard to find second hand but you may get lucky.

It's plastic so find and try plastic polish first. It may take some time but it may take longer to find a second hand one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks - had considered polishing - but wasn't sure of results. Does the unit separate so lens can be taken off??

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
The plastic window does come out but not easy unless you put the whole unit in the oven and gently heat it all up, then the glue holding it in becomes soft before the plastic melts. One of the guys was telling me on zx-9r.net how he did it but I cant remember what temp he set the oven to, or wheather it was gas or electric, but he said it was easy to do.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Keep us informed on how it goes, and any problems you encountered, as it will help others. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts