Kawasaki World banner

Need Helibars for 2001 ZX-11

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  scrdmgl 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just picked up a 2001 ZX-11 and I'd really like to find a set of helibars or other raised bars for the bike. The bike already has Genmar risers on it, but I'd really like to get the bars up and back a couple more inches. If anyone has a set they are willing to sell that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

JK

#2 ·
Brother chitown, I feel that your Genmar Risers should be enough for its intended Sport Touring purpose; otherwise, even if higher risers are available you'll be uncomfortable riding high into the wind at highway speeds defeating your intended goal.
If more comfortable bikes are your preference, you should go for a Kawi Connie 1000 (no bigger because of useless weight) and you'll get shaft drive and factory luggage as an added bonus. Think about it. Forget about one bike for all purposes and tastes because such an animal doesn't exist.

#3 ·
LOL! Only room for one in the garage though.

IMO sport touring should be more upright than what I have now. Not looking for as upright as my old KZ, but another inch or so would really do it for me. The performance of the bike is just fantastic. Eliminating some of this hand and wrist fatigue would be an improvement.

#5 ·
Yes, age for sure, but I've also not ridden in a while. Last bike was a HD FatBoy 8 years ago. Mid-life crisis has me seeking the thrill of my old KZ days in the early 80's. So nice to be able to take a corner and not cringe waiting for the foot plates to scrape. Good friend of mine picked up a BMW and convinced me to find a bike. Took almost two years to find exactly what I wanted. Let him ride it and his first comment was "Wow, I forgot what a 4-cyl Kawasaki felt like!" Indeed.

#6 ·
If you wish, you can check my posts where you'll find all the mods and improvements I did and a picture of my bike. But based on experience I can tell you that on any used bike you should start from scratch by changing oil, (I use Castrol Edge 10W30 full synthetic),filter,plugs and valve clearance to start. Then and only then, you'll know where you are.For your information, I've got a 40% increase in fuel efficiency by replacing the original spark plug wires with a High Performance set from Nology. My bike is an American import with 16,000 Miles that I bought in May 2011. My first Ninja was a 1000R that I sold years ago in impeccable shape and before that, as far High Performance bikes is concerned, I owned a Honda CB1100F (the one with the gold anodized rims) that bike was a torque monster from ZERO RPMs and very fast too but different technology in chassis and suspension compared to modern bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.