Kawasaki World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 12. The other night I was leaving hooters and my headlights would not come on. All my fuses are good, I tried my friends junction box thinking it was it but it was'nt. Any ideas what it could be. I would appreciate any info.

·
8,537 Posts
did you swap bulbs? sometimes its the simple stuff. I had super-white lights and they both shit the bed.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Dead stator, or possibly the headlight relay, or the headlight fuse that is in the battery box. Start with those ideas. Work it 1 thing at a time though.

·
Registered
25,299 Posts
Since your headlights failed to "come on", instead of failing under power, my vote is the headlight relay... I think there may be 2 relays in that circuit... 8) 8)

·
Registered
812 Posts
GO 200 said:
Since your headlights failed to "come on", instead of failing under power, my vote is the headlight relay... I think there may be 2 relays in that circuit... 8) 8)
+1

If all else fails, go back into Hooters! Plenty of headlights in there! :lol:

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
ZXLNT said:
Dead stator, or possibly the headlight relay, or the headlight fuse that is in the battery box. Start with those ideas. Work it 1 thing at a time though.
There is a fuse in the battery box !!!! Mine did this a few yrs back and took me forever to figure it out.....have no clue why they would put a fuse there when all the others are under ur fake tank ????

·
Registered
18,622 Posts
GO 200 said:
+1

If all else fails, go back into Hooters! Plenty of headlights in there! :lol:
Excellent point! :twisted:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No luck. Tried both relays and the headlight fuse in the battery box. My headlights are not blown. I wonder if the high beam low beam switch could trigger any of this.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
"Tried both relays", not sure what you mean by that.

I think he did ZX. Your next step (if you're electrically inclined) is to bypass the relay in the junction box. You'll need the wiring schematics from a shop manual...

Doubtful that the switch is the culprit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts