Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?:

Before I went tearing shit apart I thought I would ask the experts.

How do I remove the fairings to get to the front turn signal bolts so I can put on some new high speed turn signals?

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
I would pull the center piece behind the front wheel first may be able to reach them from there without tearing it all to hell....

·
Registered
12,494 Posts
Thats right, you should not have to remove the fairings. The piece under
the headlight assembly can be removed via a few screws and it is relatively easy to get to from there.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Exactly. Just remove the front cowlings. Each one is attached to the lower cowlings by one philips head screw and one push rivet. The joint is reinforced with several tabs which require a little finessing to pull apart. The front cowlings also share one push rivet which is located directly behind the front wheel near the radiator. Once you remove the front cowlings you can see a plate on the signal stem. The plate is attached by one small philips head screw. Remove the screw and plate and you'll see another plate recessed inside the stem. Just pull this plate out. Then the stem can be pulled out of the cowling from the outside. BTW, the wires are still attached at this point. It's easy and about a 10 minute job to this point. The push rivets are tricky to remove. You might have to pry the screw looking part (center) of the rivet out of it's sleeve with a sharp knife or jeweler's screwdriver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts