Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my magneto cover. Everything went back together fine except it was really hard to get the magneto to slip back into part that spins on the outside ( Had to tap on cover to get it into place). When I started the bike I reached down and felt the cover. It was the first thing that started to get hot. By the time the bike warmed up the cover was very hot. I shut the bike off and plan on taking it back apart tonight.
There is only one way the magneto mounts to the cover and the cover has allignment mounts.

This is my question could the allignment be off and the magneto is now rubbing and causing heat from friction? or is it normal for the magneto cover to be really hot?

I would be more than grateful for any help.

Thanks
Kawman

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
there's an online manual with pictures somewhere. sorry i dont know the link.

you can find it on Kawi site fer sure dude.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I refer to as a magneto cover is the round engine cover on the left side. I might be using the wrong term for it but I think "OutsiderZX12R" is correct with stator/generator cover.

If anyone could start their bike and feel the left side cover and see if it gets hot quickly would be a big help. My cover gets hot in about 3 minutes.

Thanks
Kawman

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ynot,
Thank a lot for the info out of the service manual. Something that I need to get real soon if I keep working on this bike.

Do you have the ability to scan that in a word .doc and e-mail it to me at [email protected] I am having a hard time reading it.

Thanks
Kawman

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Didn't know if you was still on or not... So I sent it.... I'm still trying to get uesd to this board.... Needs some green in it.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
I was being serious... Thanks! I didn't know if I could send him a larg pict from here. :D

Hell I didn't know if that was what he needed or not :lol: :lol:

And NO GREEN!!!! The color is fine :twisted:

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
Your more than welcome... If anyone need large service manual pics I might be able to come up with them....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got your .doc and it was a big help. It looks like I did it right but I am still going to take it back a part and look at it.

Thanks I appreciate the help.

If you are ever at Deals Gap let me know I owe you a cold beer. I live in Knoxville, TN about 45 minutes away.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
If you are ever at Deals Gap let me know I owe you a cold beer.

I doubt I ever go there as I lack the skills to turn.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
Hey Kawman, Outlaw and I will be in Deal's Gap this weekend. Give me the beer and I will take it to them.

·
Registered
13,069 Posts
OH great Mark gets my beer now I'll never see it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Mark, I should be up their this Sunday for my weekly morning ride.
Look for a 01 Green 12.

Richard, I will make sure Mark doesn't drink all your beer.

·
Registered
19,235 Posts
10-4. Hope it doesn't rain this weekend. I'll be coming from Charlotte (4 1/2 hours ride).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts