Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all thanks in advance and sorry if iposted in the wrong spot. wasn't sure. I have a 07zzr600 and it will start and idle great but dies when I touch the gas . it ran great when I parked it and 2 weeks later it just started . I have pulled off the fuel line and it wasn't pumping so I took it off hooked it to a charger and it pumped just fine put it back together and its pumping fuel but same problem. I hooked tank straight to carbs and same thing.. I don't want to start buying parts if im not sure .. any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
1. How many miles on the bike?

2. Low miles and sitting for long times = Fuel
a. I have spark = Eliminate ~ It starts
b. I have compression = Eliminate ~ It starts
c. I have clogged jetting = Bingo!

3. Main jet = I am a bigger hole ~ I feed idle, but I need more fuel in the linear transition.

4. Low speed jet = I might be the clogged one. I lift the slide, the main is hey, I'm clogged enough, and if you think the low shuts off while starting/cruising/WOTing, I'm one continuous jet is the carb feed.
a. I am the main jet so I feed low/idle/WOT.
b. I am the low jet so I start/idle/WOT.
b. I am the [air screw] hole so if I close, I run too rich, or I am more air, I am hard to start, lean out, won't idle.

5. Vinegar = The gas varnish cutter tool.
a. I will ever so slightly swell rubber.
b. I will turn some carbs gray if not immediately dipped in brown soda, not water first.
c. I will clean up with water is step 2 after the dip, meaning, with some carbs.
d. I will need my jets removed to clean the walls the sanction tubes are sitting close to. They take up that tiny space and both will gum up and will need to be cleaned independently.
e. I will be perfectly clean with gunk brand carb clean as the final cutter, where the vinny varnish is still soft and needs a good blow off in every carb hole you can find before I am assembled.

6. Assembly = Needle/seat/float
a. I have a rubber tipped needle: I do not dip this in vinegar.
b. I do not need to measure my float levels, she is not leaking when sitting, or over flowing as if running into the engine. Just be careful on dis and assembly.
c. I have the ability to only drop the bowls, pull jets, dip in vinegar/clean with carb clean, and hope I do not need to remove the carb assembly off the bike.
d. I have the ability to strip the screw heads where it would be safer to pull the carb body off as an assembly, find I can remove each [bowl] screw easier with the tool kit's phillips head Japanese screwdriver. I use a #2 US phillips head screwdriver, I will tear out the heads. I need a hard push and a steady twist, or do not attempt to pull the float bowls with the carbs on the bike with any other tool than a japanese philly head. Especially upside down like a bowl screw.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it only set for a month , has 24k .... starts right up so it has fire, all 4 pipes are hot , its pumping fuel . Its driving me crazy trying to figure it out lol

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
That's approx, 3,428 miles a year since new. That's 7.5 years sitting with gas that was never drained during the downtime. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I lift the throttle and this works in proportion to the throttle plate and all 3 holes. One of those holes is clogged. The only way to find out is to drop a float bowl and look at the color inside the bowl, and how clean is the main jet sitting in stale gas all those years?

This is not rocket science trying to figure things out. There are only 3 variables that sit your bike where it's at.

1. Compression = Not that because it starts up.
2. Spark = Not that either it starts the bike.
3. Fuel = Hello? You had me at, 'Drives me crazy.' I cannotransition the fuel proportions = FUEL!!!!

Your worldriving you nuts is not my world that runs too simple. See it yet? :crazyloco:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it ran great a month ago and gas is new it hasn't ever set for along time. not sure if im not getting enough fuel pressure or not enough spark. I bypassed fuel pump and ran from tank to carbs and its doing the same.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I bypassed fuel pump and ran from tank to carbs and its doing the same.
That says 'Fuel.'

1. I have fresh fuel.
2. I have bypassed any vacuum assist, I am back to old style 'gravity flow.'
3, If I drain the float bowl using the drain screw at the bottom of the bowl, I have lots of fuel.
4. I now can't see why those jets do not take the fuel? Must be something is clogged that cannot be sucked up thru the holes of the jets. Tiny is that hole, and if you want to try seafoam or some fuel cutting chemical so as not to remove the carbs?
5. Good Luck!
6. I cannot tell you how much I banked when a bike came in and I find out it has compression [is the first thing to check] then spark, then fuel be sitting too long and close the jet holes/find a jet sitting at the bottom of the bowl/a hair in a jet from sue she on the assembly line.
7. You present the problem with enough info, sounds like????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts