Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered last night that one of my exhaust headers is missing a bolt and the other bolt is about 50% out and ready to pop off with the next bump, so I've got the bike parked and am going to perform maint on all the header mounting bolts when I get the chance. That being said, I tried to just go online and get the part number for the bolts and order a new set, only to discover that the part number for these bolts isn't available at either PartZilla or in the Manual!

I have a 2008 ZX-14. Does anyone have the correct part number of the header mounting bolt? (I know that it takes a number 12 hex wrench.) If I can't get the part number then the next thing will be to pull a bolt, of course, and make a run to the nearest hardware store but I was hoping that I could just order the correct part online and be done with it.

Any feedback would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Solution!

Hi Dastardly, thanks for the tip but I resolved the situation.

My bike is a 2008 ZX14 (not an R) and the bolts for the header mounts are actually fixed studs and don't come out (at least I don't see how they would--I thought I was missing a bolt at first but this proved to be wrong as the mounting gasket fixture was pushing outward and away from the engine and obscured view of the bolt from the angle I was looking), so all I needed was a flanged #12 (12mm) nut and the issue was solved.

That being said, wow, almost all the mounting nuts on all my headers were loose! Good grief. But they are all nice and tight now. :)

Thanks!

Vulfie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts