Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people

is there any way of removing the stanchion tube from the lowers?
i have read somewhere that it is impossible, but i have seen the tubes for sale, so there must be a way of removing.

·
Registered
425 Posts
What year do you have? If you have a B2 or earlier, you might want to consider getting new OEM lowers from Bike Bandit or some other place like that for a B3/B4. That will give you the radial brake mounts. You could then pick up some calipers for cheap on eBay and convert to radial brakes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2003 B3 I believe, I don't want ro replace the brakes, just repair the tubes as they are badly corroded.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

The aluminium wheel clamp/caliper mount on the bottom of the Stanchion Tubes unscrews off of the Stanchion (normal right hand thread),

But is quite a lot of work,

Copied from http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/51991-forkenstien.html

"The Caliper/Wheel Mount, will unscrew off of the chrome fork tube.

I used a ZZR1200 Bottom Yoke/Triple Tree, to hold my A1 12 fork tube

ZZR1200 Bottom Yoke/Triple Tree, remove steering stem, cut yoke in half through steering stem hole, a little filing, so the sides are flat and clamp in your vice.

There is a small grub screw, in the Caliper/Wheel Mount, that can be a problem to remove, the threaded hole is locked/'cross' drifted (you'll know what I mean when you look),
I applied heat with a oxy/acetelene torch (the painted doesn't burn off ), and used the wheel spindle, clamped in the bottom to unscrew the mount."

Thanx Dave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I Have this problem and did not know how to disassemble..

Thank folks and thank REDWON for redirect this link :thumbup:

I need assemble the 12, i can not more ride only the voyager :zxgreen:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts