Kawasaki World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post. I figure ill cut to the chase and say I'm looking for a simple affordable bolt on/slip on for my 02 ZX12R. I'm in the states in Oregon and the bike is beautiful but Damn its quiet. Compared to my stolen CBR 929rr it sounds like a hybrid inside my helmet. I simply would like to able to hear the engine through my helmet. since I'm still learning to handle this bike..I was looking at the Yoshi RS3 just because its all I can really find but I'm not sure if there are models that are louder than others.
Thanks guys...

·
Super Moderator
1,275 Posts
My first post. I figure ill cut to the chase and say I'm looking for a simple affordable bolt on/slip on for my 02 ZX12R. I'm in the states in Oregon and the bike is beautiful but Damn its quiet. Compared to my stolen CBR 929rr it sounds like a hybrid inside my helmet. I simply would like to able to hear the engine through my helmet. since I'm still learning to handle this bike..I was looking at the Yoshi RS3 just because its all I can really find but I'm not sure if there are models that are louder than others.
Thanks guys...
I liked my Yoshi RS3. Sounded good. Only got rid of it when I put a full system on the bike.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I suggest skipping the slip on, and just going where you want to ultimately go. The best full exhaust you can find (for a bike that hasn't been made in almost 12 years), and PC. You know you will eventually find your way there, might as well save the few $$ you would have spent on the slip on (You can pick up a PC for the price of the slip on).

I made the mistake of not going all out from the start, but to be fair I got my slip on back in 2009, used full exhausts were still really really expensive back then. I picked up a used full muzzy for almost nothing in 2015 (there isn't a big market for them, so it is a buyer's dream). Come to think of it, I never sold my Yosh slip on (it's somewhere in the house).

Because of the age of these bikes, there is very little market for parts, I also picked up a set of Corbin Beetle bags for a steal $500 shipped (originally new these were almost $1,700).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you guys know the correct Yoshimura part number for the rs3 slip on?. I see there are a bunch of differences in websites saying it doesn't fit my bike then others saying it does. Zx129SO is what I THINK it should be for a 2002 zx12r. I guess I also have a zx1200 b1??? Anyone know the breakdown of differences? Thanks again fellas

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
i have a used one

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm more than likely going to buy new. Thanks for the info. I saw cheapest $269 free shipping. I'm still trying to find good online stores to buy from. Can't even find an undertail kit except from competition werks.
Anyways yea I see a bunch of the rs3 slip ons but for some reason some are listed only for a zzr1100 or a zxr1100 then a separate part number for a ZX12R B1. I'm new to the different designations on what they called the different year ZX12R's. I hope my 2002 is a good year to have.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Whilst your changing the can get rid of the CAT from the mid-pipe....knock it out with a screwdriver and pliers...takes 5 mins then stand well back and start the bike....few blips of the throttle will clear out any loose bits....warning she is loud !!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whilst your changing the can get rid of the CAT from the mid-pipe....knock it out with a screwdriver and pliers...takes 5 mins then stand well back and start the bike....few blips of the throttle will clear out any loose bits....warning she is loud !!!
Question. I'm a newb but I have a pdf file of the service manual and I'm wondering where the cat is and can I pull the stock muffler off and do anything to make the stock exhaust louder by doing this? I guess it must just look like honeycomb type stuff in the midpipe? And I can do this with just unbolting the muffler? Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts