Kawasaki World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just purchased a new 02 9R, and I have a couple of questions.

First, there is a buzzing noise coming from engine/front end at around 4200 RPMS, and also at higher rpms. Is this normal?

Second, Should I synch the carbs before the recommended 7K miles?

I had an R1 before this bike, and I must say that I am quite pleased with the 9R. Very smooth, power delivery is nice, now all I need to figure out is the suspension, :).

Thanks

·
Registered
150 Posts

Congrat.s on your Nine! :D I have a 2002 and it does NOT have the buzz you speak of---in fact mine has less vibration than my 12.
Yeah, you might be surprised to see how far out the carbs are out of synch from Kaw. Maybe it'll help with your buzz---though it sounds like something's loose.
Which color did you get? :D
Best of luck!
ZX12eR

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply ZX12eR. Your guess may be correct, any ideas on what might be loose? I'll try and check out some stuff here in a few days. I got the Gold/black color, :). Maybe when I become a big kawa fan I'll go for green next time, :).

·
Registered
119 Posts
kinobi, after break-in I always go over all the fastners my new bikes. I peal off all the bodywork and check all the bolts, clamps and wiring. Check everything, including suspension hardware. Check to make sure all the wiring is insulated as well. Check the fairing mounting hardware real well. The dealer is suppose to check the bike over but I don't trust them, I've found a few loose bolts here and there after the bike's been dealer checked.

Wouldn't hurt to sync the carbs.

Chris

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info, and you are right about the fasteners.... On my old R1 when I drove the bike away one clip on wasn't even tightened!

I just got the service manual today, so I will check out the bike in accordance with the prophecy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts