Kawasaki World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New '99 zx9r owner, have a couple questions

Hey everyone, I just purchased a 99 zx9r and the guy that had it before laid it down a few times and the fairings are scratched to hell. So I've been looking around for new ones and noticed there is 2 styles of headlight, a single and a double. Mines the single one but I like the look of the dual more, if I were to buy the dual version of the fairings and a new headlight would it bolt right on to my bike or would I be making modifications? Also does anyone know a good site to get fairings and other parts for the '99's? Preferably in Canada? Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
This conversion to the later model front end has been done lots of times, (not by me though, I like the single headlight).
You will need the upper fairing and air scoupe, its ram air to where it meets the frame tubes. You will also need the clocks/headlight fairing bracket, (A F one would do away with the H frame, aftermarket chinese bracket ones are weak).
You will have to mount the C clocks slightly squiffy or use later clocks and swap some plug pins round.
All the rest stays the same.

Search ebay and craigslist.

Just remembered you will also have to Mod the wiring by using an extra wire off the battery to the later model headlight relays or the headlight fuse will blow. you can use the existing wiring to switch the headlight relays.
If you don't mod the wiring and use main beam you run the risk of melting the loom.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts