Kawasaki World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team,

I need some dragging tips. I have a (green) 2000 12 with K+n's and a scorpion slip-on. I would like to know how to set-up the bike without going out and buying a bunch of stuff. What I learned thus far is to:

*lube the chain well

*tire pressure around 25 in the rear

*do not go through the water box

what about a lowering strap in the front? Is it hard to install?

Doesn't the stock bike have a position in the rear to lower it?

What if I only lowered the front and not the back?

How do I position myself and the bike for the launch? What RPM's should I launch at and do I feather the clutch much?

This 89 octane gas thing also has me baffled. I usually try to put octane booster in the bike.

Any help on the above for this amateur would be appreciated.

Thank You,

The Green Machine

</p>

·
Registered
561 Posts
Green machine,

I have a green machine also and a bunch of passes on it so I may be of some help; these are just my opinion. BTW, check out this site 66.199.148.66/board/forumdisplay.php?FID=1, lots of drag folks, pretty active.

1. what about a lowering strap in the front? Is it hard to install?

A- Not hard to install, $20 from schnitz, get some detailed install info when you have it in yr hot lill hand.

2. Doesn't the stock bike have a position in the rear to lower it?

A- no, not specifically. You can tighten up the preload on yr shock, but that'll change handling

3. What if I only lowered the front and not the back?

A - you can lower the front by strapping without lowering the rear. works fine. works better with lowered rear, but the big impact to preventing wheelies is strapping the front.

4. How do I position myself and the bike for the launch?

A - hunker over the tank as low as as you can; chest oN THE TANK, and stay that way until top of 2nd gear. again, this helps keep the f wheel down

5. What RPM's should I launch at and do I feather the clutch much?

A- personal preference here on rpm at launch; i've had good luck at 4500. DEFINITELY need to "feather" the clutch if you want quick times. The 12 doesn't have the low end hp of the Busa so you clutch it and keep rpm/hp high. Burns the shit outta the clutch but will get you good ET's (with the strap)

6. This 89 octane gas thing also has me baffled.

A- I don't use 89 like a lot of the Busa guys do (Busa has 11:1 compression, zx12 has 12.2), I use Texaco 93, works fine.

</p>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate you taking your time to answer my questions. A lot of humidity here in Ohio. I will probably be lucky to get in the 10's.

Thanks,

The Green Machine

</p>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts