Kawasaki World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Kawasaki zx12r 2003
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I recently just changed the clutch on my B2 to a Barnett clutch with HD springs. Its all in spec as per the manual and It seems fine but the wrist can become tired after a long ride due to the heave springs. I was thinking, would the HD springs have a negative effect on the puller rod where it may wear it out prematurely? Also should I leave any free play on the clutch cable from the clutch side? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
A small amount of free play in the clutch cable is usually recommended.
Have you thought about a quick shifter? I have one and it does reduce the amount of clutch lever use. I've got an MTC clutch basket, stock clutch fibres and steels, modified stock clutch hub and HD springs and have done several thousand kms on it, including track days.

·
Registered
Kawasaki zx12r 2003
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A small amount of free play in the clutch cable is usually recommended.
Have you thought about a quick shifter? I have one and it does reduce the amount of clutch lever use. I've got an MTC clutch basket, stock clutch fibres and steels, modified stock clutch hub and HD springs and have done several thousand kms on it, including track days.
Thanks for that. I don't do any track days and clutch is stock apart from the fibers and steel which I just changed. I may even install 3 standard springs just to soften it up a little. It's so firm atm that Im worried the shift rod may break. Im thinking of installing HM QS in the near future.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Yeah 3 HD & 3 stock springs are what a few on here have used. The shift rod can even be slightly modified by filing/grinding on the side to allow better oil flow in A1 models at least, so they can take a bit of abuse!

If you get a QS you'll love it on the 12.

·
Registered
Kawasaki zx12r 2003
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah 3 HD & 3 stock springs are what a few on here have used. The shift rod can even be slightly modified by filing/grinding on the side to allow better oil flow in A1 models at least, so they can take a bit of abuse!

If you get a QS you'll love it on the 12.
Oh yeah which brand qs did you install?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts