Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum im from Thompson oh and im currently building a 00zx12.. I picked this bike up off of a buddie for 1800 needed a clutch and has 31k miles on her with bald tires.. i rode it for about a month as is now i got it all put away doing a ground up build well kinda.. Have plans of repainting the bike white powder coating the wheels and some other parts for it.. Im getting new parts like levers bar ends all your small stuff to dress it up a little bit.. I bought a 12'' over arm for it.. i do alot of racing at thompson raceway park which is just down the road from me... well here are some pics of the build so far i will keep you guys posted as i finish the bike up.. thanks...

There some pics of where its at now some of the parts and the wheels after powder coat it coming along ill keep everyone posted on the build hopefully will watch the progress thanks again guys

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the bike is gona be white..i did the center of the rotors heel plates and the metal ring on gas tank cover also in the red.. the all the fairng will be white

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Far out man.Great to see you keeping that 12 alive and well cared for...........I have lots of parts for sale for the a - models. p m me if you need anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Far out man.Great to see you keeping that 12 alive and well cared for...........I have lots of parts for sale for the a - models. p m me if you need anything.
okay man i will def... yeah this bike was beat on and not takin care of.. ive always loved the zx12s so i figured this would be a great project.. She will look totally diffrent and ride like a new bike i got all new gaskets wheel bearings cush drives etc.. should be pretty good when done

·
Registered
6,308 Posts
the chain is going to rub badly if youre racing it

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I thought I read on here that one wants rubber coated sprockets. I may be mistaken.
If you mean the rubber dampned countershaft sprocket they smooth things out a bit but the guys that run the non-dampned say its really not that much of a difference

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
The front sprocket issue Paul is referring to is noise. The non damper sprockets are known to be very noisy. That may or may not be a problem for you. As long as we're rebuilding your bike before you build it, you may want to consider returning the Barnett clutch and going OEM. It's not a quality issue, but a stack height issue. The 12 is VERY sensitive to stack height, and it's reportedly easier to get the stack height correct with the stock plates. Enjoy building and riding your 12... Oh yeah, one more thing. Check the two bolts in the center of this picture Make sure they're tight. Loctite wouldn't hurt -

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I JUST HAD TO RE- TIGHTEN MINE AFTER 59,000 MILES.they were loose as a goose on a easter parade.I had tighten them when the bike was new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Havnt been on in awhile but bike is almost done i re did the underbracing got it painted alot of stuff powder coated heres a couple pictures

1 - 20 of 25 Posts