Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone

i've been lurking at these forums for quite awhile now and i've finally decided to sign up and say g'day! :D

i'm an aussie with a 2000 silver zx12r...mods so far include 17t, exhaust (slip-on) and air filter!

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome Bluedraco. You'll find all kinds of good help and info here. Post away. You don't want to stay a spy.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the warm welcome :)

should i just post lots in that "ignore" thread then? it really doesn't worry me very much actually - i couldn't be stuffed posting for no reason...

hmmm, actually i'm just trying to find info on that "mudflap mod"...i believe the bike does look better without that hanging down at the back...what do you think?

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Welcome...

Welcome Blue - we have several members from Australia and New Zealand on the site.

And you are almost guaranteed that know one will ask:

1) G'day mate, hows it going down under OR
2) How do you dodge all those Kangaroos?

- Blitz :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL

on the topic of kangaroos i actually hit one (and managed to stay on my bike!) when i was still riding my little zzr250 awhile back!!! it was a "big red" too!

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Shhhhh....

Shhhhhh... Don't mention bike/animal encounters.

DenverYZF is still a little sensitive about that subject.

:lol:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ynot said:
Welcome to the world!

Just cut that sucka off!!!
ummm, but what about the blinkers? they actually go through it midway...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Shhhhh....

blitzkrieg said:
Shhhhhh... Don't mention bike/animal encounters.

DenverYZF is still a little sensitive about that subject.

:lol:
unlucky...animals need to know who the REAL king of the jungle is...GO THE 12! :twisted:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cut just below the blinkers hey? hmmm, i'll have to have a look at it when i get home...i still am not sure how i will go about it though...seems it might not look right...

do i just cut straight across keep the angle horizontal the whole way? sorry for the questions, i just don't want to stuff it up!!!

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Watch out for Mark and his Buell!!!! He'll sell it to ya, and buy
it back for half price!!! Course, half of nothin is still something????

Welcome!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

of course, i had better not get too comfy as i don't like buells :p

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
you should be able to find picts on here somewhere.. I think Markcbxxaztecbuellrider had some

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, i wouldn't mind seeing some pics on how it's done please!

i've found one so far (that shows a knife and the cut-off portion against the wheel but i can't see the result of the cutting though)...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Blue, I used a Dremmel tool and just shortened mine up by about 2 inches. Looks a lot better, and with a dremmel you can't tell it was ever cut. I would have gone shorter, but in Texas we have to mount an inspection sticker back there, so couldn't cut off all the gumball flapper.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Welcome to the site bluedraco.
I have been pretty busy lately with all the site setup and debugging. But hopefully I can get back onto the forums soon.

Post away and learn tons. You may also meet some good people in your local hood that you didn't know about.

·
Registered
166 Posts
welcome

welcome to the board. dremel is the best tool to use for this job. i used a friends dremel and i had to get my own the next day. they are great.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts