Kawasaki World banner

New owner and new on forum...looking for pciii usb maps.

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Warp12 
#1 ·
All help welcome.

Last week I trade my quad for a 2005 12r,she has all the goods including bmc race filters pc3 usb and the muzzy full exhaust.I noticed a weak power band under 3k, I think first the issue is a bad mapping .I do my reserch here and found it is a common problem with muzzy full systems.

Does anyone work it (flat spot)on the pciii usb with great results?

And what is the real cause of this problem?Im a mechanic for the last 10 years, so if anyone help me to understand that issue?

thanks .:puzzled:

#3 ·
It will take some time to dial the flat spot out of the low end. It can be done, you basically have 2 logical options:

1) Put it on a dyno and tune the bottom end to get it smoother

2) Install a data logger and ride around trying to tune it out.

Good luck either way.

A.

#4 · (Edited)
As you probably saw in your search on the Muzzy exhaust flat spot, 99% of the people are unable to fully get the spot out, even with various mods and dyno tuning.

You can lessen it, for sure. There is a "pilot jet mod" that may help, and advancing the timing can help as well.

It is a characteristic of the pipe, and well-known issue. In fact, the map that Muzzy supplies has a flat spot a mile wide as well....one would think that the vendor would know a thing or two about tuning their own exhaust.

My best "laymans" guess is that the issue is related to reversion and based on the general pipe design...meaning not easy to tune that out. Good luck. :thumbup:

#6 ·
thanks for the fast reply,now I'm thinking the muzzy flat spot is a burned treat around here. LOL! ....

I want to tunning it by myself with some good sense and help of innovative wideband with datalogger.I installed the muzzy full exhaust map from dynojet as starting point.

For now i work on the bike doing mantinance like new plugs ,oil, etc...I'm thinking on weld an O2 bung on the header pipe to install the sensor..

later I will post more info about my advance if any.

#9 ·
I'm work doing a race civic for my buddy, with k24 swap.I do the hard work on it,engine swap, harness and turbo setup but I'm not started on tunning engines.

I have all the tecnical knowledge and basic skills,now I'm ready to take the next level .Fine tune my bike is my first goal.

I'm going with the LM2, it has a good feedback and not expensive .Where you weld the bung on the pipe?At what distance from collector?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.