Kawasaki World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never road a bike.. Working on my learners..I'm thinking of buying a zzr 1200...what steps do I need to take before jumping on one?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Start with a smaller bike...:lol: A ZZR1200 is an animal of a bike to learn on. If you respect it tho, you should be ok. Take it easy till you get the hang of it. Maybe get a second smaller beater bike that you won't care about dropping while you learn... The 1200 will be a good bike once you're familiar with riding, but in my opinion, that's a lot of bike for a beginner. I think they put down 140 at the wheel or some shit. Seen they are 168 rated so...it's a lot of motor for learning....but it can be done I spose. Just know. It's not a matter of IF....it's a matter of WHEN, especially learning...the bike might decide to take a nap on ya once or twice, and plastics are spendy....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Never road a bike.. Working on my learners..I'm thinking of buying a zzr 1200...what steps do I need to take before jumping on one?
For now, you're fine.

Plan on buying gaskets and an aftermarket clutch basket. If you make it that far which is doubtful.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Learn how to ride first.!
500cc is more than enough,still faster than you've prob ever experienced.and still deadly with inexperience.
Don't know your laws,but you will certainly go to an early grave hopping straight on to something as big as a 12.I can assure you of that my friend.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Keep in mind. He is talking about the baby brother to the ZX12R....the ZZR1200. Its got a little less power, amd is actually one of the better looking ZZR's ever made. It is still a lot of bike for a beginner....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts