Kawasaki World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, whats up? So, I've been riding for a minute now but just picked up a new to me ZX12R and since this seems like the right place for info, I figured I'd join up.

I've had 4 bikes, last 2 I currently still have.
1.'97 ZX7R
2.'07 ZX10R
3.'05 ZX6R 636
4.'04 ZX12R

Learned how to ride on the ZX7R in San Diego, it was a street fighter which I picked up for $1500, ugly and heavy but best handling bike I've ever been on. Taught me how to lean real well. My ZX10R was crazy fast (at least for me) and real clean but it got stolen after about a year. Didn't ride for about a year, moved out to South FL, and I got back into riding. Picked up a ZX6R 636 for pretty cheap, but it's a great bike, tons of power, just has been abused a lot and dropped plenty by the previous owners. Now I picked up a ZX12R which I love. It's lowered and extended, (according to seller) has Brocks clutch, muzzy headers, and a Power Commander. But it's currently not going past 7k rpm, 130 mph in 6th. So I'm waiting on the new fuel pump and filter to come in. Need exhaust, fork seals too. Well, I'll try to post some pics too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put in a new ebay fuel pump, and a filter and regulator off an '06 Hayabusaand broke my 7k rpm curse. Had also done new spark plugs recently cause the last owner had the wrong ones, new BMC air filters to replace the stock gutted ones the last owner had, removed the power commander the last guy had since it probably was a shifty tune too. Went 190mph (on a closed course of course lol) and climbing before I let off. Love this bike. Handles real good, and leans very well despite been in lowered and stretched and having a big rear tire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im a new owner of a 2000 zx12 ive been riding and working on bikes for years but this bike has me baffled thinking ecu when i turn key over push starter button i get nothing but a clicking sound from under the fisebox any help or dorcetion well be very helpful

·
Registered
188 Posts
You need a new battery.

Im a new owner of a 2000 zx12 ive been riding and working on bikes for years but this bike has me baffled thinking ecu when i turn key over push starter button i get nothing but a clicking sound from under the fisebox any help or dorcetion well be very helpful

1 - 6 of 6 Posts