Kawasaki World banner

Ninja 250r No dash or tail lights HELP!!!

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chancvn 
#1 ·
My 2001 Ninja 250r was vandalized and attempted to be stolen by means of hotwire. I now have no dash lights or tail lights. I have been told it is the ignition or the junction box. does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be. Im thinking there is a diode out in the ignition and that is why i have no dash lights and tail lights. the only problem is only the tail light fuse blows. How could this be?? any ideas?

#2 ·
Ninja 205R No dash lights nor tail lights

I had this problem with no lights. I had a lot of trouble starting my 250, I ran down the battery. I charged it up with a car battery charger for a few hours and it was fine. I ran down again and charged it for 10 hours. This messed up the battery. It was clicking at the solenoid but the starter was not turning. I thought it was the solenoid and ordered one. It did nothing with the new solenoid either. Now, I got no dash lights of any kind or any noise or turning over. I talked to a mechanic and told him the story and that I had checked all the fuses and they were fine. He told me it's probably the battery. I almost took it in but luckily I spoke to him. I ordered a new battery and it ran fine, with dash lights and all. These moto batteries are very picky. Try a NEW BATTERY. I bought one off ebay for the 250 for $24 shipped to my house. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.