Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 zx12 and well yes i was playing around and just tapping the starter swich and after the third time all power cut off and there is no power any way i try. i have checked every fuse on it, to no luck. pulled battery disconnected it and checked the fuses behind it and there fine also i even disconected the computer to see if it just needed to reset but nothing. so im at a stump not sure what happened. if anyone could help that would be great :banghead::headscratch:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no power period. im now thinking it might be the starter solenoid. it might be shot and not letting the power passed it. so i ordered a new one up this morning.

·
Registered
280 Posts
When you say no power do you mean even when u turn on key switch the needles dont even move ? if you get no power at all it has to be a fuse. When you check a fuse you must check it with a ohm meter or contanuity tester. fuses dont allways break in the middle sometimes they brake were u cant see the brake

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, no power means no power what so ever no neadles nothing at all and i did check the fuses with an ohm meter all of them are fine. I don't run a powersports shop for nothing. Like I said before i is probable the starter solenoid and i already have one on order and coming.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Dont want to sound negative m8
but it dont matter if is the solenoid or not if your not getting any power to anything your not going to get power to the solenoid either.

I would say you blow a fuse tapping the starter ! why was you doing that for ?

the only other pos is a dead short but I would think even then you would get some sign of life Pump, lights, red flashing light something.

I take it you checked the battery ?:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts