Kawasaki World banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering whether 2 1lbs bottles would fit better than a single 2lb bottle under the seat?

I have a proximity sensor at the back of the seat that protrudes 1/2" into the storage compartment which I would like to leave alone.

I can't remember the space, but would 2 thin bottles fit in the space between the tail fairing and frame? I think this is tight, but I am just brainstorming with mimimal brain.

Where is the best place to buy a bottle in Canada/Vancouver, BC?

Thanks,

[email protected]

www.ZX-12R.org</font>

Top 100 Bike Sites</font></p>

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have seen two 1 lb bottles but never tried it myself sorry not much help there, I'm sure it was someone on the board that did it that way because of his undertail kit.

Any performance car place will sell Nitrous bottles phone book under performance I guess or call info and see if they have a liting for nitrous suppliers.

www.nos.com they may have a listing of their suppliers.

[email protected]

When ya gotta go, do it! With nitrous hee hee.</p>

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like the seat was cut for the bottles?

If the seat wasn't cut could they be mounted towards the back of the bike?

How does it work with the smaller bottles and not having a siphon tube (ie. I heard that 1lbs bottles have no siphon tube and need to be mounted with the valve down).

If I have it wrong about the tube, let me know what bottle to get, I think a 1lbs bottle would be good for me.

thanks,

[email protected]

www.ZX-12R.org</font>

G

·
0 Posts
Easy, 1 pound bottles come with or without a tube.The muzzy one i showed you does not have a tube right now

</p>

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK I am officially confused.

Sorry if this is dumb.

I thought that the siphon tube was better if you were going to lay it the bottle flat (assuming the siphon tube curves down not up)?

I thought you would go without a tube if you were going to mount the bottle upside down and with a tube if you were going to mount it upright or on an angle.

What am I missing with the N2O flow?

Thanks,

[email protected]

www.ZX-12R.org</font>

·
Registered
52 Posts
got an idea ,

ok i admit , i may be running a little late with this thread ,

but how about a 20 oz bottle from a paintball gun shop ,
they use co2 , same specks as a noz bottle , safe working pressure 1100 psi tested to 3300 psi ,

got one and fits under the seat a treat :twisted:

·
Registered
52 Posts
thats easy ,

made my own syphon out of 6 mm nylon air pipe and a pushfit conector , ,,,,,

co2 bottles are exactly the same sec as no2 bottles , so should be no problem ,

ive seen poor people use used co2 fire extingishers in cars as bottles .

:twisted:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I think they are really cheap also but the fill problem remains. nitrous suppliers won't fill it (unless you know someone like anything else these days). Or if you have a 10 lb or bigger bottle to siphon from yourself, make sure you have a guage and be careful high pressure is dangerous.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
bl12r, the bottle will fit if you have a pc and the 2lb bottle. On mine, I put my pc in the rear by the taillghts. Right underneath where the rear seat latchs. You have to trim alittle plastic to get it to sit flat. Then we drilled two holes and zip tied it down.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts