Kawasaki World banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
IMO i would try a little more to the right first, its not quite to the wear point, so it may not be getting the full amount if the lever isnt all the way to the bar. I would bring it to the edge of the wear point. im not really used to the stock ones anymore lol, been dealing with the MTC piece for so long now, you just have to do the tip of those

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thats what i would try first

·
Registered
266 Posts
This is very interesting, i have the a2 model and 70,000 miles on her and have never had any clutch issues with her, touch wood haha.
If i ever do have to get into the clutch i will do this mod for sure.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
have any of those 70000 been a drag pass with a decent 60ft?

·
Registered
266 Posts
have any of those 70000 been a drag pass with a decent 60ft?
Never had her on the strip myself, but the previous owner did.
Pretty sure the most he got out of her was a 10.3
So she hasn't had a hard life drag racing wise.
Plenty of track days though but thats not going to be too hard on the clutch.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
updated pic.... started the bike while it was on the rear stand, ran it through a few gears, put it back in neutral. waited 30 minutes, tore it apart. Here is the oil that was present in the hub as I pulled it apart....

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
any tests done with a launch and shifting up thru the gears? that might be a little too much oil? hard to tell without a good simulated drag run

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
i dont know if it would slip(maybe?), but i think it would add rotating weight and maybe rob a psi or so from other places until the pump overcame the relief valve pressure.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
go to the drag strip, make a pass, drive back to pits, pull the cover.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
i dont have any pics. they should be wet, but not dripping IMO. there will be a little in the hub. once you stop burning up plates thats enough lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is there something different with A model and B model bikes that would make this unnecessary on say a 2003 B2? This issue is mentioned as a Gen 1 bike issue. I dont see any difference in the clutch rod or sleeve bushing, only the clutch hub part number is different from 2000 to 2003 (but physically I dont see any difference wiht an 03 set up and the pics of in this thread that would change anything. Outside of, IF I have a dry clutch this would be beneficial...

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Is there something different with A model and B model bikes that would make this unnecessary on say a 2003 B2? .
there are differences, but the answer is NO:thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
HI All
KZScott, what is the difference between stock hub and Muzzy's? Please correct me if I am wrong, Muzzy's hub is drilled through in these two little wholes?
Or does it have any more differences?
I have ZX12 2002, bought Brock's clutch springs and now I am wondering about this mod.
I have bought this hub (stock from crashed bike) and I can't see any differences at first glance.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts