Kawasaki World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has recently acquired a good deal on a new Ohlins shock for their 12?

I need to do something, and 1-2 rider adj. is a big plus.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Who has recently acquired a good deal on a new Ohlins shock for their 12?

I need to do something, and 1-2 rider adj. is a big plus.
I've been having a look across Europe for one. None to be found used, best price new was £975, that's 1795 Canadian dollars!
I can't really justify that expense so am having the original revalved and resprung. I would have liked the adjustable preload option but not that much.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've been watching for one for awhile. They just haven't been for sale on EBay or Craigslist in the U.S. At least I have had no luck finding one.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
For a new one that's pretty cheap! Usually the cost of new ones is high because they build to order and supply valving, oil and spring to suit use and weight. I expect the bargains when available will be someone moving a stock item. You don't want to spend a lot and find it's sprung all wrong.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you aren't totally married to the idea of Ohlins, Penski makes a couple of very nice shocks for the 12 at much more affordable prices.

I put one on mine and I'm really happy with it. Talk to Kevin @ Bayside in Vancouver about them.

KB

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I specified the spring, but I will report back when I see the whites of its mounting eyes :squint:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts